Hacking M3 Lite the best slot-2 solution?

erogllik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are a lot of these posts already out there, but I wanted to add my own wishlist of 'requirements'!

I have a black DS Lite, and an R4 for my DS ROMS. (Which, by the way, I love!)

Now I am looking for a slot-2 device to play GBA ROMs. Needs to have the following:

-High GBA ROM compatibility
-Match the DS Lite dust cover
-Be compatible with the 'Boot Slot-2' feature on the R4 menu
-Expandable memory (micro SD)
-Oh, yeah, and as inexpensive as possible

The one that I am mostly leaning toward is the M3 Lite. (Yes, I know it is also the most expensive, too - but I figure what is an extra $30 a year from now if I am still really satisfied with it.) Can I have both the R4 and M3 Lite both plugged into the DS without having to remove either of them to be able to play ROMs stored on either card? (Boot the M3 Lite from the R4 menu? or vice versa?) Where is the best (price, speed, reliability) website to buy these cards? I got my R4 from foundmy.com, but they don't sell M3 Lites if that is the way I am going...

Recommendations?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For GBA, pretty much nothing tops the EZFlash series. I believe EZ 4 Deluxe is the same size as the DS Lite cover, and it satisfies all the above criteria.

The EZ4 D should be cheaper than M3 Lite

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are a lot of these posts already out there, but I wanted to add my own wishlist of 'requirements'!Â

I have a black DS Lite, and an R4 for my DS ROMS. (Which, by the way, I love!)

Now I am looking for a slot-2 device to play GBA ROMs. Needs to have the following:

-High GBA ROM compatibility
-Match the DS Lite dust cover
-Be compatible with the 'Boot Slot-2' feature on the R4 menu
-Expandable memory (micro SD)
-Oh, yeah, and as inexpensive as possible

The one that I am mostly leaning toward is the M3 Lite. (Yes, I know it is also the most expensive, too - but I figure what is an extra $30 a year from now if I am still really satisfied with it.) Can I have both the R4 and M3 Lite both plugged into the DS without having to remove either of them to be able to play ROMs stored on either card? (Boot the M3 Lite from the R4 menu? or vice versa?) Where is the best (price, speed, reliability) website to buy these cards? I got my R4 from foundmy.com, but they don't sell M3 Lites if that is the way I am going...

Recommendations?
good choice, its one of the only 2 flash carts that supports the DS opera browser, Supercard does too, but it has slow down on gba games which is a turn off, the ez flash iv does not allow you to browse the internet, so the M3 is your best bet, sure its a little more pricey but its a good cart, not to mention the M3 lite etc... can dump nds roms, so if you want to dump your own games then the M3 is great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.