Hacking M3 Lite Realtime Save

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I am confused. Is the realtime save function of the M3 Lite like the CycloDS in that it can save GBA games at any point you want? Or is it just that it will auto load the SRAM saves onto memory?

Also if it is a realtime save (like CycloDS) how well does it work?

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the M3 Lite has a in game menu or something?

Also is there any slowdown? Is M3 Lite just a different name than "M3 DS Real Perfect"?

Do any games not work for it?

chrisruls00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you seem confused. M3 lite is a Slot-2 cart. It loads from the bottom slot meaning you need a passkey to boot it into NDS mode and your NDS roms must be patched. There is a PRO and a Perfect version. Only difference is Pro has almost no built in RAM so GBA games will usually not work. Unfortunately My dad did not know this and got me a Pro, which Is why I am currently trying to get a M3 Real. M3 real is Slot-1. NDS games do not need patched, the card can patch them to add features. It also has a built-in action Replay. Most bundles of the real come with a slot-2 GBA ram cart where the game gets copied to the cart so you can play it. I would recommend a slot-1 cart, nicer GUI and more features.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. Yeah I was confused. I already have a CycloDS. I like that Slot 1. But I was looking for a Slot 2 to run GBA Roms on. I read somewhere that the M3 Lite had "realtime" save features. CycloDS has realtime saves so I was confused that the M3 Lite had the save feature, just for GBA games.

EDIT: I wish they would use more descriptive names lol.

chrisruls00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there is this thing call the EZ 3-in-one that has GBA ram, Rumble, and something else that is supposed to work with other slot-1 cards. I don't know much about it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are getting a M3 Lite
makes sure it is a M3 Lite Perfect or your gonna get screwed when it comes to playing GBA games
(almost all of the games wont work)

its uses its own dependent firmware and MicroSD card
has the best GBA compatibility though

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You have a loader for the games, or so called manager, software that you use to flash games on your microSD, and once they are up on yours M3 Perfect, you can have cheats, RTS, soft-reset and it will run almost all GBA games..

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does the m3lite perfect also have an SRAM battery? or does it save directly onto the microsd card?

I know the EZ 3 in 1 uses SRAM battery to save games.... but since m3 lite perfect has a microsd card, does it save directly onto the microsd card or is there a need for a battery?

The EZ 3 in 1's SRAM battery runs out in 1-2 years I think I read... so the m3 lite perfect would not be hindered by this?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unchi-san said:
does the m3lite perfect also have an SRAM battery? or does it save directly onto the microsd card?

both

the m3 lite perfect is probably the most complete card out there, slot1 or 2

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It does save onto a microSD card, but I don't think it saves imediatley..It is required to turn your NDS on again (after you saved) to transfer save from the internal memory to the microSD..

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i wonder why it can't just save onto the microsd itself right away? why does it need a battery to hold the save? Why can't it be like a slot-1 device?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Apparently once you boot to Slot 2 you lose all access to everything in Slot 1. It's just the way the DS is hardwired to work, I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol