M3 Lite Realtime Save

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by leavemealone347, May 23, 2008.

May 23, 2008

M3 Lite Realtime Save by leavemealone347 at 4:50 AM (1,734 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. leavemealone347
    OP

Member leavemealone347 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys I am confused. Is the realtime save function of the M3 Lite like the CycloDS in that it can save GBA games at any point you want? Or is it just that it will auto load the SRAM saves onto memory?

Also if it is a realtime save (like CycloDS) how well does it work?

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yes
    its the exact same

except its for GBA games

3. leavemealone347
    OP

United States
    So the M3 Lite has a in game menu or something?

Also is there any slowdown? Is M3 Lite just a different name than "M3 DS Real Perfect"?

Do any games not work for it?

4. chrisruls00

Newcomer chrisruls00 Advanced Member

United States
    you seem confused. M3 lite is a Slot-2 cart. It loads from the bottom slot meaning you need a passkey to boot it into NDS mode and your NDS roms must be patched. There is a PRO and a Perfect version. Only difference is Pro has almost no built in RAM so GBA games will usually not work. Unfortunately My dad did not know this and got me a Pro, which Is why I am currently trying to get a M3 Real. M3 real is Slot-1. NDS games do not need patched, the card can patch them to add features. It also has a built-in action Replay. Most bundles of the real come with a slot-2 GBA ram cart where the game gets copied to the cart so you can play it. I would recommend a slot-1 cart, nicer GUI and more features.

5. leavemealone347
    OP

United States
    Ah ok. Yeah I was confused. I already have a CycloDS. I like that Slot 1. But I was looking for a Slot 2 to run GBA Roms on. I read somewhere that the M3 Lite had "realtime" save features. CycloDS has realtime saves so I was confused that the M3 Lite had the save feature, just for GBA games.

EDIT: I wish they would use more descriptive names lol.

6. chrisruls00

Newcomer chrisruls00 Advanced Member

United States
    well there is this thing call the EZ 3-in-one that has GBA ram, Rumble, and something else that is supposed to work with other slot-1 cards. I don't know much about it.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    if you are getting a M3 Lite
    makes sure it is a M3 Lite Perfect or your gonna get screwed when it comes to playing GBA games
    (almost all of the games wont work)

its uses its own dependent firmware and MicroSD card
    has the best GBA compatibility though

8. leavemealone347
    OP

United States
    So will the M3 Lite Perfect run almost all GBA games, autopatch the ROMS, and have real time save features?

9. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Autopatch, no, run almost all GBA?, yes, Real time save? Yes.

10. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    You have a loader for the games, or so called manager, software that you use to flash games on your microSD, and once they are up on yours M3 Perfect, you can have cheats, RTS, soft-reset and it will run almost all GBA games..

11. Unchi-san

Member Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

United States
    does the m3lite perfect also have an SRAM battery? or does it save directly onto the microsd card?

I know the EZ 3 in 1 uses SRAM battery to save games.... but since m3 lite perfect has a microsd card, does it save directly onto the microsd card or is there a need for a battery?

The EZ 3 in 1's SRAM battery runs out in 1-2 years I think I read... so the m3 lite perfect would not be hindered by this?

12. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

both

the m3 lite perfect is probably the most complete card out there, slot1 or 2

13. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    It does save onto a microSD card, but I don't think it saves imediatley..It is required to turn your NDS on again (after you saved) to transfer save from the internal memory to the microSD..

14. Unchi-san

Member Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

United States
    i wonder why it can't just save onto the microsd itself right away? why does it need a battery to hold the save? Why can't it be like a slot-1 device?

15. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Apparently once you boot to Slot 2 you lose all access to everything in Slot 1. It's just the way the DS is hardwired to work, I guess.

16. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    You're right Chrono_Tata, NDS is made in that way that it has whole part of hardware just for GBA..