m3l_hkcc_2.jpg

u can see there that it doesn't stick out

you're eyes bad or something ??

Morning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lmao. You say it DOENST stick out and the pictures clearly show that it DOES. Lmao.

7.jpg

Cant you see it sticks out a little bit. Lmao cant you see that little white space?

M3 Lite is a rushed product like EZ Flash 4. Soon there will be a even 'truly' flush version. M3 Lite is just a marketing ploy. M3 Ultra Lite or M3 DS Slot. Will be the true M3's. This is just here so Supercard doesnt take the DS Lite userbase.

Lmao. you say it DOES stick out and the pictures clearly show that it DOESN'T. Lmao.
mann... i can't help this ...
do you even HAVE a ds lite?!? if you did you would see that it is covered with a transparent plastic.. The dust cover is flush because it also has the plastic layer that aligns with the dslite... the so "little white space" is the PLASTIC...
you can even SEE in those pictures how the light is refracted because of the plastic, and u argue that there is a gap?
man, i'm just arguing because it is so obvious and those pics clearly show that it fits without a gap.

how flush do you want a cart to be? If you want dslite flashcarts to be "truly flush" as you call it, then they'll have to be the exact same design of the dust cover WITH the clear plastic part... which imo, isn't neccessary as they are already flush...

i would say the Supercard was a RUSHED product due to how hard it is to put in and out, and ppl having to sand it down to make it fit properly, and it took them about 1mth to fix it, about 1 week b4 the m3 lite is out.
the only reason i'm aruging is because i think people are given false impressions about the M3 lite...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Folks, seriously, is this even something to argue about? It was known as soon as the G6 Lite came about that a dustcover sized flashcart with removable media was highly, highly unlikely. Close, but not perfect. As shown with the EZ4 Lite, the EZ4 Lite Compact, the M3 Lite, the SuperCard Lite..all have something that prevents them from being a G6 Lite sized cart.

It's so close that it seriously does not matter. For example, if you're one of those people that argues when you carry it in your pocket the flashcart will catch on something, get real! I'd be much more concerned about damage to the screens, cavalierly throwing my DS in my pocket. (Who's pockets are that big anyway?) When you actually PLAY YOUR DS (rather than arguing about the micromillimeters that a particular cart sticks out) you can't even see the GBA slot when you hold the DS correctly. If you're that concerned with the visual appearance of your cart, you need to step back and re-evaluate what you bought the product for in the first place.

Really. Be happy that these teams are continually making new product, as annoying as it is to continually be inundated with new product. We could very well have been left with the massive SuperCard & M3 CF/SD, and that would have been that. Considering those as an alternative, I just can't stand to see a whole page of bickering over whether or not these carts are "flush". They pack all the features users demand into an amazingly small package..at the end of the day, if the micromillimeters are more important to you than functionality, don't buy these carts and wait for mature slot 1 solutions.

/rant over.

sbohs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The translation for the page isn't really clear. I read Chinese and the part with the "1mm" actually says:

"Everyone looking at the photo might think that it protrudes a little, but it is really the plastic covering of the NDSL that makes the photo misrepresent it. In reality, it does not even protrude 1mm!"

I guess it does not really matter, we will find out what it REALLY is like when someone gets their hands on one
smile.gif

roylazarovich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I don't see why people are arguing about a couple of mm the cart is sticking out, why don't you discuss something much more important, like how well the cart performs (obviously once people start receiving them), why is the fact that it may or may not fit perfectly even important? this is a miniscule issue of no real importance.

Remy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah...let's talk about WHEN this elusive cart will show itself. I mean come on...COME ON!!

I'm so tempted to buy a SC Lite...UHG

[3rd]Wael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to tell you people, my M3Lite is shipping right now.

It is in Shanghai for the time being.

I'll report as soon as I recieve it.

(Thanks BambooGaming for all your efforts!!!)

Morning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that this was something really trivial to argue about...
but i guess i was just a bit concerned because some people make it seem like the SCL is all that there is in the flashcart world and the M3 Lite has no place...
I would prefer it to be as fitting as possible, but it wasn't the deciding factor that made me buy an m3 Lite....
but the fact that some people bag the m3 lite because it has side-loading, and it sticks out an insignificant measure of mm and watever else u want to name.... they don't stop there, they claim that the Supercard is therefore more superior...

now i didn't want to comment on it, but all over this forum, i just see the same people immediately go - Supercard is the best, supercard is the best - when people really want to find out which flashcart they want to buy...which i'm fine with, it's just when you start saying - "oh no, the m3 lite sticks out 0.01mm - Supercard wins"... or "m3 lite has side-loading, its crap, can't believe they did that, supercard wins"....?!!??!?! IMO (u dun have to agree) but i think those factors are all personal preference, and to me, if i have to sand down my scl for it to fit properly... it just doesn't help me make the decision that i've bought a quality reliable product...

Now, i know i might not be in a position to comment on things, as i've only been looking into flashcarts the past 2-3 mths and have now settled on an m3 lite after trying to find out as much information as i could about sc lite, G6Lite and m3 lite (as those were the three i narrowed it down to)...
it was just REALLY frustrating trying to find correct information on the products as people would report different things... and when people who don't even own the product start commenting, it was hard to figure itout...especially GBA compability with SCL and whether or not it was hard or not to put in, like i REALLY wanted to buy the supercard lite, (due to price and being out earlier) but i had no idea who to believe... even save game function on the M3 - was so confused as whether it was reliable, caused troubles, or was perfectly fine...

anyway, sorry, i just got a little annoyed after a couple of months of seeing "Get supercard lite" and to see people so accepting of the SCL's flaws and harshly criticising the G6/M3's flaws.... and then seeing people downplay the m3 because it supposedly sticks out an insignificant amount...(i believe it doesn't, but who cares, i'll be gettin one and then i'll be able to see for myself)..just got a lil annoyed...

i think it's just a few people who really love their scl...
don't get me wrong, i think the SCL is a great product at a great price.. just certain factors made me opt for an m3 lite...

otherwise, i've found this forum to be helpful (thanks to all who post) in making my decision to purchase an m3l.. cannot wait for it to arrive ^.^

roylazarovich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Morning, I think you went through the same selection process as myself.

I too narrowed it down to the above mentioned products, I initially wanted to go for the G6 Lite because it was said to have the best NDS\GBA compatibility and no slow downs, as it was an internal memory device, the only thing that bothered me was the 512 MB limit with no upgrade option, if it was 1GB I would have gone for it, but I later decided that since I'm doing one organized purchase for a solution that should last me a while, I shouldn't limit myself, and it was eliminated from the list

Than there were two, the M3 Lite and the SC Lite, The main factor that I had to consider was GBA support, plenty of people told me things like "who cares about GBA, this is a DS adapter" but I considered that since I am buying a console that CAN play GBA, why would I want to limit its functionality and deny it access to a large library of games

So I set out to finally determine if the SC Lite really had bad GBA support, needless to say I couldn't get a straight answer, the SC guys told me it has near perfect support, some quoted 95%, the M3 guys told me it has a lot of issues, slowdowns, and games that just don't work. I didn't know who to believe.

At the end, I decided to wait for the price announcement on the M3 Lite, if there wasn't too much of a difference, than I would go for the M3 Lite just to be on the safe side, and seeing as it is around $75, I made up my mind finally to go for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: