Hacking m3 lite format issue

zerolinks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright so i decided to reformat my micro sd card for my m3 lite (its not a pro- i use it for GBA games)
so i reformat in vista and put an update file in the root (making sure the m3 loader update file is English)
and when i turn on my GBA the splash screen plays and there is no Nintendo logo below it (its not reading anything in the slot)
so ive been trying to fix this all day and cant figure it out
can anyone help me
i've tried formating in Fat and Fat 32 at default and all allocation types
and nothing
(my micro SD card is a Sandisk 2.0 GB card made in taiwan)

zerolinks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alrighty, so i downloaded and installed the panasonic SD format app, and placed "updagcsd.e35" in the root and nothing else in the folder
and the same result, ive put a actual gba game into the GBA and it registered and loaded so i know its not the system
i also put a movie on my sd card and used the sd card reader to watch it on my Xbox so i know the memory card and the reader arent damaged

can anyone else help me
hate2.gif

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerolinks said:
alrighty, so i downloaded and installed the panasonic SD format app, and placed "updagcsd.e35" in the root and nothing else in the folder
and the same result, ive put a actual gba game into the GBA and it registered and loaded so i know its not the system
i also put a movie on my sd card and used the sd card reader to watch it on my Xbox so i know the memory card and the reader arent damaged

can anyone else help me
hate2.gif
Can you get to a non Vista machine? I had format issues when I used to run Vista.

Not sure why, but it only effected my M3Perfects and my 2GB microSD cards... black screens on booting. Formatting on XP solved my issues.

I just had the same thing happen with a new 8GB microSDHC I was testing in my main M3Lite. Black screens until I formatted with my old friend XP.

Slightly off topic: Sadly, SDHCs won't work on M3 for anything except media files... no DS homebrew, and no GBA mode at all.

Hope you get it figured.
yaynds.gif

Reactions: MarKSlasH

zerolinks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried formatting on XP. and no use
its ridiculous i cant fix this darn thing i know it works

EDIT!!
so i have a feeling its my card because i tried and formated two different memory cards using the panasonic sd converter on my windows XP laptop
and neither of them registered in my GBA micro or SP
BUT! when both memory cards were formated and when the SYSTEM file was put in the root for my M3 Simply......They both worked!
hhhmmmmm.....the plot thickens

hopefully me adding is helping some people hopefully come up with some solutions being as the ones given already are greatly appreciated

jesus1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have an M3 DS Real and it worked fine when I formatted the 2gb sd in XP.
BUT.
I formatted it in FAT32 using standard XP formatter.
However, I am a bit wary about the Panasonic Formatter mentioned, as this only formats in FAT and not FAT32.
Isn't it advised to format in FAT32?

Also, yes, the whole SYSTEM file has to be placed on the root of the sd card, along with a folder called NDS on the root of the sd card.
The .nds game/file should be placed in the NDS folder to make it detectable.

ds_2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the EXACT same problem !

Its so annoying,isnt it???

I have an old Xp computer,but how do you format it on Xp (I have a 2Gb Sandisk also)

And how do you make sure its on the ROOT of the card
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P