Hacking M3 Gba expansion pack

TheGoldenKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a m3 gba expansion pack, but I don't know how to use cheats on the gba games. I downloaded the cheat file off the database and I put them on my sd but when i select the cheat file in the menu it doesn't give me a enable/disable cheats screen. I'm using the m3 Sakura dual firmware 1.34 if it helps, thanks in advance.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
you have to patch cheat files to gba games, you can use the m3 perfect software and patch a game for the perfect and it will let you use the games cheats

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might wanna use touchpad for certain gba functions like this
I havnt really messed with gba cheats in sakura

but I have in touchpad so you just select the cheat file and once you boot the game you can select what cheats you want (you cannot select the cheat in the m3 menu, a different screen will pop up once you start the game for cheat selection)

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Watch this video from 0:55 to 2:05.

*EDIT*
You can get the GBA cheat files from dohclude's thread (Narin's cheat database is for NDS ROMs only).

QUOTE(dsrules @ Mar 14 2009, 12:12 AM) someone travel thur a time machine and corrupted your files...

I know you explained this to me once before using this video, and I meant to say...I did exactly as this video says, yet I still get the Language Error...and I know for a FACT I'm using the right cheat file, as I've tried every version...I'm certainly sure cheat files work for Pokemon FireRed, but I get the language error.

Also, I've loaded the game in TouchPod, and the cheat file did show up, and it was the cheat file for FireRed, but it shown some cheat not even related to it. Like I said before I am 100000% certain it's the right cheat file...I got it from GBATemp Cheat wiki...

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the (U) version with the (U) version cheats. Number is 1636. Thanks for the help.
biggrin.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DaRealChrono said:
Any luck Densetsu?
unsure.gif
Sorry for the delay. I just saw this thread again today and I got right on it. It works perfectly for me.

I'm using the US/EUR M3 Real flashcart running Sakura v1.35 test build. I used a clean ROM 1618 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U)(Squirrels).gba and the .CHT file from dohclude's thread 1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (US).cht.

Here are the steps I followed:
1. Put both the .gba ROM and the .cht file on your card, highlight the GBA ROM and press X to go into the GBA settings.

2. Tap the "Select Cheat File" button, browse to the .cht file, highlight it and press A. It should now say the following on the top screen:
QUOTE"Current GBA Cheat File:
/.../1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (US...
A: OK / B: Cancel
(On my screen it gets cut off after the "US" part)

3. Turn the Cheat Switch on.

4. Set the Loading Mode to "Patch Load" (not sure if this actually makes a difference, but this is the setting I had it on when it worked for me).

5. Tap the OK button, and wait for about 30 seconds for the ROM to load. After the GBA splash screen, it you should see the cheat menu just like in the video at 2:00 minutes. If it's not working for you, then you're probably doing everything right, but maybe something's up with your flashcart...
unsure.gif

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, the reason I bumped is because I thought you couldn't figure it out, lol.

I guess I'll have to try that particular ROM, I'm not certain if it was by Squirrels or not, I got it from a good site, but the rom wasn't labeled. I'm also still using Sakura 1.34, so I might just have to update.

I would hope nothing is wrong with my Flashcart, as it's relatively new, and I haven't had any serious problems out of it, besides a few corruptions...

I do appreciate the effort to help me figure this out, and I'll just try everything you listed...maybe the rom isn't as good as I thought, or mis-labeled.

EDIT:

Interesting...

Well I tried to download the rom first, and it still did not work in 1.34, but after upgrading to 1.35, it magically started working. Did 1.34 ever support GBA cheats? Well, regardless, it now works, thanks to you. I very much appreciate you help!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DaRealChrono said:
Well I tried to download the rom first, and it still did not work in 1.34, but after upgrading to 1.35, it magically started working. Did 1.34 ever support GBA cheats? Well, regardless, it now works, thanks to you. I very much appreciate you help!
That's strange that it wouldn't work in 1.34 but it did in 1.35...I was using 1.34 on a US/EUR M3 real when I got it to work, and as far as I know, GBA cheats have always been supported on Sakura. But I'm glad to hear it works for you now!
smile.gif
Maybe there was just something wrong with your 1.34 system files. Glad to be of help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la