Hacking M3 GBA Expansion Card issues

StyrofoamSquirre

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have an M3DS Real Perfect Bundle and up until not too long ago, they all worked just fine. Now, however, I cannot run any GBA games at all. Either it goes as far as showing the GAMEBOY splash screen and then just freezes, or it doesn't even get that far and just stalls on the Sakura loading screen. Starting NDS games works just fine, so there's nothing wrong with the M3DS. I have tried shoving some paper in with the GBA cart to see if there's a connection issue, but it doesn't really seem like that's the case - the disk check that shows on each boot detects the GBA cart memory just fine, and if I boot without the M3DS in SLOT 1, it shows the GBA as an Option pak, as it should. In fact, the GBA cart is so hard to push in just by itself, I can't really see it getting a poor connection.

I mainly play NDS games anyways so it's not *that* crucial, but I am wondering if there's any homebrew available that can run error checks on the GBA Expansion memory of the M3 bundle? If anything it could at least tell me if my GBA expansion has gone bad all by itself, or if there's something else afoot.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
StyrofoamSquirrel said:
I just tried cleaning the connectors and it made no difference whatsoever. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Well that's odd. Not sure then. I hope you get it to work though

J

jadaramiro

i too am experiencing this problem. hopefully someone has found out the solution.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Real Bundles that have the M3 GEP, usually have a slightly depleted battery you will have to charge in the DS. This usually works. Worse case was to replace the battery altogether.

You might have to pull out the cart and put it back in and turn it on to see if your M3 Real can run the M3 GEP, if not you have to repeat this again until it detects it.

The reason this is an issue is that many of the bundle packs have been sitting around for a while.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
what I've found is that in Sakura you need to create a save file before loading the game by pressing "Y" or dragging the rom to the left to open up the options menu....it will say "creating save file please wait" or something along those lines. If you don't create the save file before loading the game it will just sit at the Gameboy screen or just not load all together.

Alternately you can just load up touchpod by holding a while starting the DS and then select touchpod.

If neither of these options work for you then it's most likely the battery, but don't go replacing the battery before you've exhausted these options.

Yes, you can thank me if you like by donating copious amounts of cash or from buying from the clothing shop in my sig! ha ha j/k

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls