M3 Game Manager v22 & firmware e22 FINAL

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I strongly agree about the G6-like menu. It would be cool to have the icons for the games show up. Does anyone know if a icon 'database' is built when you flash games on the G6 or is it recreated each time you start up the DS?

The GBA update is pretty sweet. It is like 8x faster than the normal loading of GBA games. Unfortunately I'll probably just use my m3 for DS. Another great update by the m3 team.

Also I just have to add: I can't see wasting 80some megs of space on the PDA function when DSOrganize does everything I want and more. Does anyone know if the full 80 megs is required in the install of the PDA software or if you can install individual parts? Also what makes it so big?

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
just wait for the M3 Lite, it will be the perfect one ;o

I strongly agree about the G6-like menu. It would be cool to have the icons for the games show up. Does anyone know if a icon 'database' is built when you flash games on the G6 or is it recreated each time you start up the DS?

AFAIK, icons are integrated with de roms, since they appear in the DS menu when you insert an original cartridge.
So it wouldn't be that difficult for the menu to get the icon, like the DS menu...

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

The GBA update is pretty sweet. It is like 8x faster than the normal loading of GBA games. Unfortunately I'll probably just use my m3 for DS. Another great update by the m3 team.

Also I just have to add: I can't see wasting 80some megs of space on the PDA function when DSOrganize does everything I want and more. Does anyone know if the full 80 megs is required in the install of the PDA software or if you can install individual parts? Also what makes it so big?

Did you have to repatch your GBA ROMs?

Kagaden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still running on whatever the original firmware was. Is it typically worth it to upgrade if I don't have a problem? I usually feel that if it's not broke, don't fix it
nyanya.gif

Alright I updated. It has a new PDA icon and "Extend" (moonshell) icon for me. However when I try to open PDA it says I need to add the files for PDA. Anyone know where to get these?

Secondly, I tried out the GBA fast load, it now looks MUCH faster now than typical GBA loading it looks like. No rewrite required.

Hope this helps.

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
well, as long as you don't have any problem, you don't need to fix it
however with new firmwares I've seen new menus, loading times really improved (in GBA mode, and a lot of game now launch in fastboot), Moonshell included, some more or less interesting options (savestates, cheats, soft reset), and recently a PDA

You may want to try it, this just keeps making M3 a greater linker *_*

Kagaden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, as long as you don't have any problem, you don't need to fix it
however with new firmwares I've seen new menus, loading times really improved (in GBA mode, and a lot of game now launch in fastboot), Moonshell included, some more or less interesting options (savestates, cheats, soft reset), and recently a PDA

You may want to try it, this just keeps making M3 a greater linker *_*

Thank you Thorisoka, I did update and posted my experience to help others.
biggrin.gif
TY for the advice.

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
Thank you Thorisoka, I did update and posted my experience to help others.
biggrin.gif
TY for the advice.

You're welcome.
smile.gif

btw you'll be able to find PDA files here : http://downloads.dualscene.net/m3/pdaDS_V1.0Beta.rar
it's only chinese for now, and takes about 80MB uncompressed. Therefore, I prefer using DSOrganize, which is great ^^ (i'll try M3's PDA only when english version is available)

@ridgecity
Dualscene only provides new english firmware/soft, you'll have to wait until firmware V22 is on the official M3 site

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated to 22 from 21b and actually have some problems with booting back(A,B,L,R + X) to the menu screen during gameplay. It gives me black screen and when i turn my DS on and off it's freezing on the "Not supported by Nintendo" blurb or just a black screen again.
cry.gif

1. Should i rewrite the roms with the updated game manager?
2. If i load 21b back on the card, will it overwrite back?
3. Has anyone else experienced this?

TIA

ps Using Passcard3, M3, 1g mini, on PhatDS.

HeinzHarald

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I upgraded from 21b to 22, without using the game manager to replace my games and saves. I did however format the card before I replaced them (actually I formatted both before and after the firmware flash).

I'm pretty sure you can downgrade.

If it is the firmware itself that's causing your troubles I can think of nothing else than compatibility problems with your MiniSD card, that were introduced with this firmware. But I would try a format first, unless you already did.

M3 MiniSD
1GB Sandisk Ultra II
DS Lite

Airwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, for some reason my M3 Player is not upgrading.

I followed the instructions, but so far I only see six icons, instead of eight, which I suppose is a good indicator if the M3 Player upgrade was successful. Also I can not get to work the Duotone skins which are made for E20 or E21, but older skins work fine.

I'm using a SanDisk 1 GB SD card, using M3 Lite on a GBA-SP. Or the upgrade process only work if using a NDS?

Thanx in advance.

HeinzHarald

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The two extra icons are only for NDS. If I were to boot my DSL into GBA mode I would only see six icons, just like you.

Edit: and I believe the new duotone skins are only for the 8 icon DSL menu.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having some problems with real time saving(GBA) with this firmware. When I try to save, the game freezes and makes strange sounds.. Anyone having the same problem ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over