Hacking M3 DS Real- WiFi Problem

soulbad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the latest version of the Sakura firmware, 1.35, and a 8 GB Class 4 Kingston SDHC Card made in Japan. I just got my M3(one of the side loading ones) a few weeks ago and haven't experienced any other problems with it. I just a few days ago got a new DS Lite and this same problem occurred on my old one.

Alright so on my Pokemon Platinum ROM whenever I try to connect to WiFi to battle someone with friend codes, when I try to accept an invite or somebody accepts mine the game freezes. I also can't search for Pokemon on the GTS, it simply says "searching blah blah blah" forever.

Now, I later figured out that if I change the Play Mode from Standard to Download Play, battling works perfectly but the Global Trade station still doesn't work.

This would be perfectly fine if codes actually worked in Download Play mode, but they don't.(I don't know if they're supposed to) I want to use the "Allow New Forms in WiFi" code when battling my friends.

WiFi works perfectly fine on Mario Kart DS and Bleach:Dark Souls in Standard mode, but why is Platinum any different?

I've tried three different clean dumps, and I've tried formatting my SD Card. Nothing works.

I would dump my brother's Platinum cartridge and try it if I could get the FTP Server to connect, but I can't. So I can't be completely sure whether it's the dump or not.

My real question is, am I supposed to have the game in Download Play mode for WiFi to work or not, and then why only with this game? If not, how can I fix this?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It could be a firmware issue with Pokemon Platinum. A new version of Sakura is bound to fix it. But you say you're trying to use cheats via Wi-Fi? Regardless of the cheat, don't use them online. It ruins the fun for everyone else.

soulbad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply.

This issue also occurred with the last firmware, 1.34, but meh, you're probably right.

This situation is a bit different when it comes to the cheat.
--

It would be nice if I could get some feedback from other people who have or haven't experienced the same problem with this game.

soulbad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I didn't have RTS on, but I did have Soft Reset on. I'll test it out. Can't believe I didn't think of that.

Edit: Nope, still have the same problem.

dondon151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm experiencing similar (well, sort of similar) problems with wifi. Whenever I begin any task that involves wifi, like the underground or anything in the GT, the game hangs at the black transition screen.

I tried using download play, but it didn't make a difference. Nor did redownloading the ROM and replacing it on the disk (I got them from different places, though they might have been the same ROM). I don't have any problems with using wifi on the US version of Pokemon Diamond, however.

I'm speculating that this is an issue with the M3 firmware. A few months ago I had borrowed my friend's R4 in order to play the JP version of Platinum, and I experienced no problems getting to the underground then. But when I tried to do the same on the M3, I had the same problem of the black screen with both the JP and US versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)