Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should get an R4 or M3 DS Real

R4 is very simple to use and has great compatibility
M3 DS real is pretty much the same but with extra features
Prices for both are excellent

I'd recommend the cyclos but I believe its just way overpriced where as the R4 and M3 offer almost exactly the same but for half the price.

Top Toy looks very appealing but at the moment its a new card so I would wait first before buying. Great price though for less then 30$ I say what the heck try it out.

AceKard looks like an attractive piece of hardware but from what I've read no thanks. It's not widely available and support for it would leave me a bit concerned. The AceKard is another wait and see card as well.

I'd recommend the R4 and M3 DS Real for the best bang for your buck. Performance and price wise.

Top Toys is cheap and seems to have potential, I'd recommend trying that out too its bout 7$ cheaper then the M3 DS Real and R4

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@amptor- the Top Toy+rumble pack is $27 from DX shipped. Cheap huh?! It's also bundled w/ kingston 1gb for $38 or $39. there are links to all the bundles (with really cheep microsd prices) at the bottom of the page of the TTDS w/o bundle.
I'd've sworn that very same combo was $32 when I looked the other day. Had a hard time finding it as I kept searching for TTDS, then saw in the general DS section it was listed as toptoy...

I just picked this up today to test out. I already own an R4, M3 DS Real and Simply and I wanna test this card out just to see how good it really is
smile.gif

Playset6199

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I said that the M3 expansion packs work, I meant that the included GBA expansion that comes with the DSTT doesn't actually work with the current loader.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
When I said that the M3 expansion packs work, I meant that the included GBA expansion that comes with the DSTT doesn't actually work with the current loader.

YES, it does work with the loader included.

Rumble works out of the box
GBA works when you use the loader (GBALDR v1.4.0) Rapidshare link
RAM doesn't work out of the box or with the loader, that's the only drawback for the included expansion packs.

I shall say it again:

The included expansion packs with the TTDS are the EWIN expansion packs!

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i orderd an r4 from volumerate early this month, but then found out they were out of stock so i canceled that order, and ordered me a toptoy from dx for a cheaper price and it seems as if its just as good if not a better cart

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

YES, it does work with the loader included.

Rumble works out of the box
GBA works when you use the loader (GBALDR v1.4.0) Rapidshare link
RAM doesn't work out of the box or with the loader, that's the only drawback for the included expansion packs.

I shall say it again:

The included expansion packs with the TTDS are the EWIN expansion packs!

Think that the TT Card could be on par with the M3 DS Real

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
i have been using the DSTT for a couple of days now and this card pretty much blows everything away as far as loading times goes. It really does take 2-3 seconds to load. im also using class 4 sdhc. i will have a class 6 sdhc soon. If there are any doubts about this card you can put them to rest. Mark my words this will be the next hot card, UNLESS r4 come out with their SDHC version. Even when that happens the DSTT will still have a ridiculously cheap price. Once these become more popular i would imagine the price will rise.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll have to wait awhile for the TTDS with rumble to restock again, recently, I found Supercard SDHC. Is that any good? I can afford up to this one, since I found one cheap.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i have been using the DSTT for a couple of days now and this card pretty much blows everything away as far as loading times goes. It really does take 2-3 seconds to load. im also using class 4 sdhc. i will have a class 6 sdhc soon. If there are any doubts about this card you can put them to rest. Mark my words this will be the next hot card, UNLESS r4 come out with their SDHC version. Even when that happens the DSTT will still have a ridiculously cheap price. Once these become more popular i would imagine the price will rise.

Hmm, interesting, my CycloDS Evo & Real load faster than my DSTT with a A-Data 4 GB Class 6

With my Evo games load instantly, with the Real it's about the same, but the DSTT there's a noticeable difference in loading times.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3 real is better hardware than TT but both do the same job. I read somewhere that you can't change menus in the TT though, not really sure about that. TT supposedly won't run Contra 4.

Pulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
M3 real is better hardware than TT but both do the same job. I read somewhere that you can't change menus in the TT though, not really sure about that. TT supposedly won't run Contra 4.

yea im thinking TTDS cause of these:
-cheaper than M3real
-faster loading than M3real

what how do u compare the download play on the two carts, isnt M3real better

imo they are both better than r4
yaynds.gif

ooh44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
in my opinion..

I just got both M3 Real and DSTT.

I choose DSTT.
Better load time, easy to use, price lower a bit.

and... the speed.
I run Castlevania - Dawn of sorrow Opening Movie.
with the same NDSL + microSD SDHC 4GB Kingston class 4 [Japan]

M3 Real result....
Extremely lag. like 1-2 frame per second.

DSTT result....
work fine. the movie run smooth with no lag.

I use the same microSD and put both m3r,dstt firmware. but the result was very different.

the cheat/soft reset is the same. and it do like the same.
SO I choose DSTT.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sticking with the M3DS REAL

Price is perfect at the moment and the Team has been around for a while. (plus I like the black carts
tongue.gif
)

I do admit I don't like the slow OS and the compatibility but I feel that these will be fixed in the near future with firmware updates. M3 has always managed to do a good job when it comes to firmware.

Taking nothing away from the DSTT, I feel its a very good card and it has an extremely good price tag. The only thing I'm concerned about is that it isn't as well known as the M3 Team but other than that it has lot of potential.

I just recently bought a DSTT to add to my collection of flashcards just to test it out thats how affordable it is. I haven't tested it out completely but I'm sure it will satisfy whatever needs I have.

I believe both cards are quit good price wise, performance wise. I would recommend both but for me I will stick with M3 seeing how they have a better reputation.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I stick with M3.
It is more functional than DSTT.
However if you consider the price, and wnt simply to play games, DSTT is better.
When you see all the ingame and extra functions M3 DSR provides, its way better than DSTT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Veho, let @AncientBoi fix it