Hacking M3 DS Real delay/slow in some game

simdao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I found that my M3 DS Real have a serious delay in 2058 - Soma Bringer (JP).

When i move form other area to main lobby by teleport, the sound is delay and freeze around 1 second.

BTW, I tried 2 micro SD and FAT & FAT32, but both card with a same issue on M3. (Latest firmware)
(a-data 4GB SDHC class 6 & Scandisk 4GB SDHC class 6)

On Besie, i tried the same game on AceKard 2.1 and there is no delay on it.

My M3 DS Real is "BP3E" , I would like to know if other user with other model got the same issue on it?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
works fine with sandisk C2 4GB, on a CPE m3real.
unless you count the 0.1second of "static" when going from the main menu(single player, multiplayer, sound buttons) to the load game screen.

simdao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
thedicemaster said:
works fine with sandisk C2 4GB, on a CPE m3real.
unless you count the 0.1second of "static" when going from the main menu(single player, multiplayer, sound buttons) to the load game screen.

If you compare the M3 DS Real to AK2, you can found the performance of M3 is worst. You could try Metal Slug 7 there is serious delay on M3 comparing to AK2.

I don't know if it is cause by the architecture of M3 without the RAM chip????

When i open M3 "BP3E" it just a uP on PCB only without external RAM chip. (AK2 have a external RAM chip and uP).

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be the software, too. Geometry Wars Galaxies seems to have just a little bit of slowdown on the M3 Real loader, but Sakura runs it no prob. Thusly, TRIPLE BOOT GO!

simdao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
carterman said:
It might be the software, too. Geometry Wars Galaxies seems to have just a little bit of slowdown on the M3 Real loader, but Sakura runs it no prob. Thusly, TRIPLE BOOT GO!

I tried "2058 - Soma Bringer (JP)" on Sakura 3 in 1 firmware (itouch + M3 + Sakura) but it still slowdown with the sound delay while changing area in teleport from main room to other area.

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had mixed luck with my M3 Real. Some days, it used to seem like a number of games ran slower than they would on other cards. Other days, they'd be fine.

I ended up ordering up a Kingston "Made-In-Japan" MicroSD, and it's much better now. It could just be in a good mood lately, or maybe mine was particularly fussy about RAM. I do know that my friend's (ordered at the same time from a different vendor) runs full speed all the time, but he has always used Kingston Japan.

I posted when I first got mine, and nobody else had seen slowdown "IN GAME", or at least not replicably. So I suspect it's something that pops up from time to time. If it helps, my Real is a "CP2" model.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmm, really weird, because I'm using my Real (with Sakura) on a regular basis, and CycloDS as well, and never noticed any differences in performance..I don't have any problems with stuff you mention..and I'm playing Soma Bringer (JP with english hack) for some time now (over 10 hours into game) and haven't had that delay...

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... But I suspect that you're at least partly right, and that it has a lot to do with the card architecture. Games that do a lot of cart access continually definitely suffer from lag/slowdown more than games that don't. Case in point, Sonic: Dark Brotherhood runs like MUD on slower RAM, and tolerably on faster RAM... whereas Super Princess Peach pretty much just runs full speed since it never hits the cart except between levels.

simdao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
powerpuff said:
... But I suspect that you're at least partly right, and that it has a lot to do with the card architecture. Games that do a lot of cart access continually definitely suffer from lag/slowdown more than games that don't. Case in point, Sonic: Dark Brotherhood runs like MUD on slower RAM, and tolerably on faster RAM... whereas Super Princess Peach pretty much just runs full speed since it never hits the cart except between levels.

I have the same issue as you written.

My M3 REAL DS version is "BP3E", I think it is the architecture problem and cannot fix by firmware as you got the same issue on "CP2".

I am very disappointed to pay a higher cost for M3 and got the worst performance than AK2.

BTW, i tried Scandisk 4GB SDHC Class 6 (make in Japan) and A-data 4GB SDHC Class 6 (make in Taiwan) in FAT16 and FAT32. but the delay issue is still appear.

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simdao said:
powerpuff said:

My M3 REAL DS version is "BP3E", I think it is the architecture problem and cannot fix by firmware as you got the same issue on "CP2".

I am very disappointed to pay a higher cost for M3 and got the worst performance than AK2.

BTW, i tried Scandisk 4GB SDHC Class 6 (make in Japan) and A-data 4GB SDHC Class 6 (make in Taiwan) in FAT16 and FAT32. but the delay issue is still appear.

Actually both of those are pretty slow cards. Sandisk 2GB is mid-grade. Almost all 4GB are slow.

simdao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
powerpuff said:
simdao said:
powerpuff said:

Actually both of those are pretty slow cards. Sandisk 2GB is mid-grade. Almost all 4GB are slow.

Do you mean the Class6 4GB SDHC (Sandisk & a-data) is slower than Sandisk 2GB SD ???

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simdao said:
Do you mean the Class6 4GB SDHC (Sandisk & a-data) is slower than Sandisk 2GB SD ???

Probably, yes. The Sandisk 2GB runs about 10Meg/sec., most 4GB only run 6-8, and Kingston 2GB's run about 18-20.

If you search around here, you can find some speed charts.

simdao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
powerpuff said:
simdao said:

Probably, yes. The Sandisk 2GB runs about 10Meg/sec., most 4GB only run 6-8, and Kingston 2GB's run about 18-20.

If you search around here, you can find some speed charts.

I just tried Toshiba 2GB (Make in Japan) and Kingston 2GB (Make in Japan) but my M3 DS Real still slow down "2058 - Soma Bringer (JP)" I think this issue is not caused by the speed on the memory card.

zeen137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simdao said:
I found that my M3 DS Real have a serious delay in 2058 - Soma Bringer (JP).

When i move form other area to main lobby by teleport, the sound is delay and freeze around 1 second.

BTW, I tried 2 micro SD and FAT & FAT32, but both card with a same issue on M3. (Latest firmware)
(a-data 4GB SDHC class 6 & Scandisk 4GB SDHC class 6)

On Besie, i tried the same game on AceKard 2.1 and there is no delay on it.

My M3 DS Real is "BP3E" , I would like to know if other user with other model got the same issue on it?

what SYSTEM FILES ARE YOU USEING MAN i cant get my m3 ds real sakura to work with any system files
and my m3 ds real has the same code as your BP3E soo what firmware are you useing ??? plzzz help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again