Kamika

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all. I just recently received my M3i Zero through the mail and I must say I'm very happy with it. But there's one thing I don't understand. I downloaded the latest cheat.db for my card but it keeps selecting cheat_eng.db as his main cheat database file. Should I just rename the cheat.db that I got to cheat_eng.db or can I select different cheat databases? In the case of the latter: how do I do that?

And another thing: How do I access the cheats in M3Sakura?

xMekux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For acess cheats in sakura just with styler push the game to left then on menu just click Select Cheat and select the cheats you want and then click Always On and the cheats are actived
In Case of TouchPod I cant say much because i dont use it...
I think its better download the OS from:
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=4374
Because the main cheats are already very updated

Kamika

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah yeah. Thanks for the help. M3 Sakura is nothing like the TTDS or R4 firmware (somewhat more straight forward control so easier to use imho) so I have to get used to it
biggrin.gif
And yes, I downloaded the latest M3Sakura from filetrip
smile.gif
As for TouchPod: I figured that one out myself alreaady ^^

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Kamika said:
Hello all. I just recently received my M3i Zero through the mail and I must say I'm very happy with it. But there's one thing I don't understand. I downloaded the latest cheat.db for my card but it keeps selecting cheat_eng.db as his main cheat database file. Should I just rename the cheat.db that I got to cheat_eng.db or can I select different cheat databases? In the case of the latter: how do I do that?

the default cheat filename cheat.db has been changed to cheat_eng.db (for English M3Real) ever since they make the firmware universal
so, yes, it would be better if you just rename cheat.db to cheat_eng.db then you don;t have to select a cheat file (cheat.db) everytime you want to use cheats on a different game

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
dsrules said:
Kamika said:

the default cheat filename cheat.db has been changed to cheat_eng.db (for English M3Real) ever since they make the firmware universal
so, yes, it would be better if you just rename cheat.db to cheat_eng.db then you don;t have to select a cheat file (cheat.db) everytime you want to use cheats on a different game

noted...
i will do that in the future update

unopepito06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am also using an M3i Zero, running M3 Sakura M24 (the latest one), and I was also running into this problem. I did rename the latest dl "cheat.db" to "cheat_EN.db" and copied it over the default cheat_EN.db that came in M24. My problem now, however, is that that cheat.db doesn't have codes for, yeah, I'm gonna go there, Pokemon HG, (like we haven't had enough people flooding the boards with questions about this effing game).

Okay, no problem, so I'll just add them in manually, right? Well I tried to open the .db in r4cce and it's not recognizing that as a supported file type. I navigate to the SYSTEM folder and it shows me all the .dat's, but no .db's. Yes, I tried all possibilities on the drop down bar, none of them outline ".db" as a supported filetype.

So my question is, simply, what cheat code editor do I use to open and modify a cheat.db file? Again, r4cce (the program noted to use in the new cheat database thread) will not let me open a .db file.

Everything was going smoothly up until that point...

Thanks for any help guys!

EDIT: I do see that you can create a new cheat code list and save it as a .db, but I want to open my existing .db and add codes to that. Is this even possible? I feel like I'm going a little crazy...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
Kamika said:

actually they still had the cheat.db as the default for a while

then with the last sakura update they removed it completely and changed it to cheat_EN.db

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
Just curious but doesn't anyone know how to get cheats to work in touchpod? I wouldn't even think of using touchpod if strange journey worked in sakura mode but unfortunately it doesn't. Sakura allows me to open up strange journey.dht but with touchpod yep you guessed it nothing happens. My cheat file is called strange journey.dht.txt

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
PraxxtorCruel said:
Just curious but doesn't anyone know how to get cheats to work in touchpod? I wouldn't even think of using touchpod if strange journey worked in sakura mode but unfortunately it doesn't. Sakura allows me to open up strange journey.dht but with touchpod yep you guessed it nothing happens. My cheat file is called strange journey.dht.txt

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
dsrules said:
@PraxxtorCruel, try this and see if it works
strangejourney.dht

http://www.mediafire.com/?nwjzelim1md

Thanks yours is the right type of file. I appreciate that but still I have one case for concern, before you said it doesn't matter where I put the file in my micro sd as long as its there and to activate/open the cheat file all I have to do is press A twice, I still have not managed to be able to open the file. I've tried going to touchpods MyCard option and clicking from there to no avail. Is there something I'm not doing right?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unopepito06 said:
Okay, I am also using an M3i Zero, running M3 Sakura M24 (the latest one), and I was also running into this problem. I did rename the latest dl "cheat.db" to "cheat_EN.db" and copied it over the default cheat_EN.db that came in M24. My problem now, however, is that that cheat.db doesn't have codes for, yeah, I'm gonna go there, Pokemon HG, (like we haven't had enough people flooding the boards with questions about this effing game).

Okay, no problem, so I'll just add them in manually, right? Well I tried to open the .db in r4cce and it's not recognizing that as a supported file type. I navigate to the SYSTEM folder and it shows me all the .dat's, but no .db's. Yes, I tried all possibilities on the drop down bar, none of them outline ".db" as a supported filetype.

So my question is, simply, what cheat code editor do I use to open and modify a cheat.db file? Again, r4cce (the program noted to use in the new cheat database thread) will not let me open a .db file.

Everything was going smoothly up until that point...

Thanks for any help guys!

EDIT: I do see that you can create a new cheat code list and save it as a .db, but I want to open my existing .db and add codes to that. Is this even possible? I feel like I'm going a little crazy...

You can use r4cce or just wordpad.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
PraxxtorCruel said:
dsrules said:
strangejourney.dht

Thanks yours is the right type of file. I appreciate that but still I have one case for concern, before you said it doesn't matter where I put the file in my micro sd as long as its there and to activate/open the cheat file all I have to do is press A twice, I still have not managed to be able to open the file. I've tried going to touchpods MyCard option and clicking from there to no avail. Is there something I'm not doing right?
so, all this time, you went into the MyCard menu to choose the cheat file?

1. goto the NDS menu, hightlight the game you want to play and push A and it''ll take you to the game Config menu, choose Select File and find your cheat file in your microsd and push A twice to open it

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
dsrules said:
PraxxtorCruel said:
dsrules said:
strangejourney.dht

so, all this time, you went into the MyCard menu to choose the cheat file?

1. goto the NDS menu, hightlight the game you want to play and push A and it''ll take you to the game Config menu, choose Select File and find your cheat file in your microsd and push A twice to open it

Lol, got it working now, thanks for your help dsrules. Blimey I mean we could have avoided all of this hehe
yaywii.gif

Domar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I use an M3Real, and have just started playing Dragon Quest IX, as the http://cheats.gbatemp.net/temp/ is down, I looked up and found the codes i'd like to add, however, it uses the cheat_en.db, which I cannot modify, following what was said earlier in this thread, simply renaming the usrcheat.dat to cheat_en.db, when attempting to access the cheats in the menu, it popped up asking "R4 Display?", with the options being OK or Cancel, upon accepting, the backlit dims, and it just freezes, so my question is, how do I update the cheat_en.db on the M3Real?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
you don't rename the file...either use usrcheat.dat in Sakura since Touchpod doesn't 100% supports it or use R4CCE to add new cheats to usrcheat.dat then Save As cheat_en.db

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips. +1