Homebrew Question M.U.G.E.N. On Switch?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a minor quibble but for me is important to note that ai is better in linmugen. You can patch that into chars but many do not know that about linmugen/winmugen. It makes for more fun game for fighting cpu but it is minor.

Eh, the AI is either something that would break Maximilian Dood's Boss Rage rating scale (except it would be every other match), or dumber than ants. Actually, MUGEN 1.0 added the ability for individual characters to have AI that scales with the difficulty slider in the options menu, now that I think about it!

Reactions: MarzDaindigo
D

Deleted User

Eh, the AI is either something that would break Maximilian Dood's Boss Rage rating scale (except it would be every other match), or dumber than ants. Actually, MUGEN 1.0 added the ability for individual characters to have AI that scales with the difficulty slider in the options menu, now that I think about it!

yeah you have to play alot of mugen before you notice it. I also use watch mode alot. Just study cpu and smoke kinda. But it's a surprising difference. Yeah that difficulty slider. Man lol. In this modern world be wary of sliders and checkboxes that break. Always actually see if those results happen!

Last edited by ,

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thats dope cuz difficulty used to be in the chars def. files.

dont ask me how i remembered that LOL i used to be in the character manager for HOURS messing around with stuff lmao good times

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats dope cuz difficulty used to be in the chars def. files.

dont ask me how i remembered that LOL i used to be in the character manager for HOURS messing around with stuff lmao good times

There's still a lot of characters who's AI is still in their files and is unadjustable.

I will say there's hope for maybe something with IKEMEN to be ported over, but honestly, MUGEN's glory days were 10 years ago if you were to go by the Know Your Meme graph. Considering that a lot of people think MUGEN first over what is the better IKEMEN nowadays (as in, you don't have to open up a fucking .cfg file to edit stuff like resolution, filters, an actual pause button, and support for character movelists), I just can't say I know what the demand is for a port, let alone to a very specific instruction set.

I remember there being a port of what I think was Linux MUGEN to the OGXbox, and even an XMugen screenpack/set of lifebars to set the theme! But it requires a very specific model of Xbox to play the game iirc, and being that this is another pre-1.0 MUGEN, the only place you're going to find a lot of material for the game would be on MUGEN Archive.

I wish I had more of a passion for programming and more patience to look through the source code and understood what it took to port things from one instruction set to another, because I doubt it's something that'd to as quickly as this:

Reactions: MarzDaindigo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0