Gaming Luminous arc+Dragon Quest=?

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
So I have found a whole heap of awesome RPG roms that were never released in my country, and so I need an overseas perpective on games.

I love the luminous arc/ff tactics battle style, but I do not like how you move between cities or the lack of real cities (just points on a map).

So I wanted a game that has the luminous arc battle style with the traditional Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest travel style.

Is there such a game, japanese/USA, as there certainly isn't in my country.

If you have played Arc the Lad you will know exactly what I mean. Simply, I want an ATL-esque type RPG.

On a side note, is it possible to play Arc the Lad on psp, I am thinking of trading my xbox for a psp and uploading psx roms onto it (I will post in the correct section later maybe, I am sorry for that this is the wrong place to ask such a question.)

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive played all arc the lad games on my psp....do it .
also yes your in the wrong section...read the forum list better next time.
there are many diff rpgs for the nds too p.m me if you want and ill give you a great list...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think such an SRPG exists on DS. I was actually just playing Luminous Arc 2 recently, having been on a huge SRPG kick. Perhaps the closest to what you're describing -- for DS anyway -- would be Devil Survivor. But even then, you're not really exploring an overworld -- not like you would in an FF RPG.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TO unseen4ce : about the idea of playing psx rip on the psp, it is possible, you need to be on a custom firmware ( didn't tried it with official firmware + HEN), then you have to convert the psx iso with popstation_md.
here is a compatibility list : -http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List-

as you can see, on the link above, the compatibility changes with different firmware version, but you don't need to bother with that since you can use different popstation core without having to change the firmware. In order to use different popstation core while emulating on the psp, you need to use popstation.prx plug-in, which usage is very well documented in the psp hacking community forums. ( but not in the GBA/DS hacking community forum for obvious reason)

game suggestion

Although, I don't remember any game that would match your description, I could suggest Valkyria Chronicles. The 1st plays on the ps3 while the 2nd and the 3rd are on the psp. It shows an interesting turn on srpg action, there is no travel whatsoever between the battle, but the walking part of the battle are done in real time, in 3d.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-