Hacking Luma3DS V9.0 has been released

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you're wrong, because I don't look at that thread regularly at all. When updates are pushed it is absolutely beneficial for new threads to be created in order to spread awareness.
I've already been told that by zoogie. I didn't need to be told again, thanks. :/ It's called reading others posts in a thread before posting.
That thread is mainly populated with nooby tech support questions so most of us running luma without issues just ignore it.

Making a new thread for a major new luma release was absolutely the right thing to do. And how often does luma update anyway, once every 2-3 months? It's not like a new thread creates a strain for anybody. I think Costello's servers can handle the extra pageviews of a new thread, lol.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean in all fairness, anyone using Luma or anything with a repo honestly should just be checking periodically themselves for updates. You really shouldn't HAVE to be told when one is available unless it's something that deserves attention; i.e when Luma stopped A9lH support and implemented Rosalina. Otherwise you guys should really be more proactive in checking for update to your apps and stuff yourself.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The option to disable ARM11 exception handlers is great, no more crashing when I do things like exit the MicroSD management. I'm curious though, why isn't this option something that is just a part of Luma and not an option we have to turn on or off from the Luma boot menu? Does disabling this lead to other issues that I'm not yet aware of? The option does state that if you turn this on, that you're disqualified from submitting issues or bug reports to the Luma3DS GitHub repository. So I imagine this means its implementation isn't perfect, but thus far I'm not seeing any real issues.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean in all fairness, anyone using Luma or anything with a repo honestly should just be checking periodically themselves for updates. You really shouldn't HAVE to be told when one is available unless it's something that deserves attention; i.e when Luma stopped A9lH support and implemented Rosalina. Otherwise you guys should really be more proactive in checking for update to your apps and stuff yourself.

I really don't see the issue. Its not like we're running out of forum space or anything silly like that. Posting to raise awareness when an update drops truly hurts nobody, and I think its a silly thing for people to say we shouldn't have threads for.

Reactions: Mikemk

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see the issue. Its not like we're running out of forum space or anything silly like that. Posting to raise awareness when an update drops truly hurts nobody, and I think its a silly thing for people to say we shouldn't have threads for.
I never implied I was upset about the creation of the thread. That doesn't change the fact that I agree with a few others that it's not entirely useful. Especially considering the OP just linked the github anyway without even pasting the changelog.... Why is it so hard to just either check there or use the Luma updater unless it's a huge game changing release, it's really not necessary.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never implied I was upset about the creation of the thread. That doesn't change the fact that I agree with a few others that it's not entirely useful. Especially considering the OP just linked the github anyway without even pasting the changelog.... Why is it so hard to just either check there or use the Luma updater unless it's a huge game changing release, it's really not necessary.

You aren't the one that discouraged the creation of the thread, someone else did, but you seemed to be supporting their point that we shouldn't have such threads. Perhaps its not useful for you, but its absolutely useful for someone like me that doesn't check such threads regularly, especially when the last update was released back in August. I did use to check that thread pretty regularly honestly, but then I just kinda assumed no more progress was being made with it, and 8.1.1 was the best we were gonna get. If this thread didn't pop up, I'd still think that were the case. So again, by all means, I encourage the creation of such threads, definitely useful to at least some of us.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't the one that discouraged the creation of the thread, someone else did, but you seemed to be supporting their point that we shouldn't have such threads. Perhaps its not useful for you, but its absolutely useful for someone like me that doesn't check such threads regularly, especially when the last update was released back in August. I did use to check that thread pretty regularly honestly, but then I just kinda assumed no more progress was being made with it, and 8.1.1 was the best we were gonna get. If this thread didn't pop up, I'd still think that were the case. So again, by all means, I encourage the creation of such threads, definitely useful to at least some of us.
I don't necessarily disagree but at the same time nothing was stopping you from a simple google search to know commits were being made pretty regularly..... Just saying.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't necessarily disagree but at the same time nothing was stopping you from a simple google search to know commits were being made pretty regularly..... Just saying.

I just don't see why this kind of thread is bad. Fact of the matter is I don't track every thing I ever install onto my devices to see if I'm still on the latest and greatest. I don't have the time or patience for that. That is all I'm saying.

D

Deleted User

You need to get the updated ips patch for USUM 1.1. The ips patch for 1.0 won't work on update 1.1.

Edit: Or did you mean you only updated luma and it broke?
Ohhh so that's what broke it.I didn't realize that.And yeah it happened after I updated to 1.1 without knowing it would mess it up so this isn't really a luma related problem.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: 8BitWonder

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't see why this kind of thread is bad. Fact of the matter is I don't track every thing I ever install onto my devices to see if I'm still on the latest and greatest. I don't have the time or patience for that. That is all I'm saying.
I can understand apps and stuff, but Luma is your CFW/Reboot patches that operate off the bootrom everytime you boot your console. It's an extremely good idea to keep it updated if nothing else. That should be common sense.... I mean do you neglect to change your oil after 3 months, or do you wait for your mechanic to call you to tell you it's time?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand apps and stuff, but Luma is your CFW/Reboot patches that operate off the bootrom everytime you boot your console. It's an extremely good idea to keep it updated if nothing else. That should be common sense.... I mean do you neglect to change your oil after 3 months, or do you wait for your mechanic to call you to tell you it's time?

Sure, but aside from the Arm11 dumps, I wasn't really experiencing any real issues with Luma 8.1.1 so there wasn't a huge need to know that the latest and greatest version had dropped. All the same I did want to be aware when it did drop because perhaps that issue would be resolved and as MikaDubbz pointed out earlier, they did indeed add the option to disable those and avoid crashes, so this is a great update to now have, but at the same time, one that I didn't NEED. Hence why I wasn't regularly checking on progress for Luma. And hey it paid off anyway because this thread popped up to let me know. So again, I encourage these threads to be created.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This thread is the epitome of GBAtemp. One person starts talking about something on topic, then it slowly devolves into people arguing because someone said they were doing something questionable and someone else disagreed on how they do it. Typical.
Nope. Waiting on insults and bad trolling.

Reactions: Asia81

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Waiting on insults and bad trolling.
About 5 posts away from that, it's coming.

They removed friends-list patching during development of lumaV9. Meaning you can't play online on older firmwares. And I'm not interested in updating my system.

You know, you can just add that feature back into luma by pasting the paragraph of code back in they removed and compiling it yourself? It's not difficult, theres tutorials on this website on how to compile luma from source.

Last edited by trecko1234,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
\You know, you can just add that feature back into luma by pasting the paragraph of code back in they removed and compiling it yourself? It's not difficult, theres tutorials on this website on how to compile luma from source.
Yes I'm aware I can add it back in. But seeing as my current setup already works I'd rather not.

Reactions: HamBone41801

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...