Homebrew Luma3DS 8.0 and its problems

MartinThibaultYo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I've replaced my 3 FIRMs with the latest from d0k3 (which I just found and now I understand why you were talking about newer versions, I didn't think about nightlies ahah) and all 3 work jut fine ^_^ ! I'm going to test Themely to verify :lol:
EDIT: I do have a Red and White 2DS (but a European one) ahah ;)

Last edited by MartinThibaultYo,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've replaced my 3 FIRMs with the latest from d0k3 (which I just found and now I understand why you were talking about newer versions, I didn't think about nightlies ahah) and all 3 work jut fine ^_^ ! I'm going to test Themely to verify :lol:
nightlies?? DO YOU THINK I THOUGHT ABOUT THEM?! LOL! I just got what somebody said works. Did you download from the link I gave you?
uhhhh, L+Down+Select works after boot... if you do it during boot it won't work and will leave you at a black screen...
I think you may have quoted the wrong thing here... I was talking about the HBMENU Title reset.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,

MartinThibaultYo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yup I did ! Then I thought about Hourglass which had the same issue and I searched for the nightlies and ended up on d0k3 website which had all of them lol!
So sad news, I figured out a solution for Themely but it's inconvenient: only the shuffle mode shows the exception so I have to use the regular one..
GNyVASa.jpg

MartinThibaultYo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, if I trust your profile, you're 27, but I was told to never fully trust a lawyer ahah! I still wonder what is causing the CIA issue :/

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one would like for all the major homebrew apps to run from the new Rosalina homebrew entry point. running all homebrew over an app like Face Raiders would really help with avoiding Nintendo bans as all homebrew would be logged as Face Raiders for example and that data (playing Face Raiders) would be sent to them. If some apps crash with this new entry point, hopefully they will be updated.

The best option would be for Luma to ether spoof or not send any data to Nintendo when apps are run while connected to the Internet but I do not see that happening any time soon.

using homebrew offline and wiping data with Cthulhu partially works but CIA installed homebrew will still end up sent to Nintendo when the list of installed apps is sent to them.

If spoofing/not sending data to Nintendo is not an option, backtracking to running all homebrew using the launcher will be the only way to significantly reduce ban risks.

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse