Hacking Luma updater problem

Kyle Ziemke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i used the luma updater to update to the newest version of luma and now my al9h3ds wont even boot just sits at a black screen with backlight on any ideas?

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
It was most likely just a corrupt download of the .bin - When you use LumaUpdater it creates a .bin.bak file (Backup) of the Arm9LoaderHax.bin, So if this happens again just try to revert back to a Backup and you should be sorted.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Actually, the same happened to me just a few hours ago, I was installing a9lh to a friend, after I used Emunand9 to wipe the Emunand partition, after that Luma didn't boot anymore past the config. screen. Actually pressing start to save the config freeze'd the screen, but the payloads worked fine, I updated the a9lh payloads (Plailect guides links to the old payloads) and the console turned fine without the SD card. Thinking it was Luma the problem I downgraded to Luma 5.5 and it booted correctly.

I dunno what could have been the problem, but if somebody else had the same problem then maybe Luma >6.0 might have some bugs that prevents booting in some consoles, if it helps, the console was a USA o3DS on 11.0. Latest Luma works fine on my n3DS by the way.

Kyle Ziemke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the same happened to me just a few hours ago, I was installing a9lh to a friend, after I used Emunand9 to wipe the Emunand partition, after that Luma didn't boot anymore past the config. screen. Actually pressing start to save the config freeze'd the screen, but the payloads worked fine, I updated the a9lh payloads (Plailect guides links to the old payloads) and the console turned fine without the SD card. Thinking it was Luma the problem I downgraded to Luma 5.5 and it booted correctly.

I dunno what could have been the problem, but if somebody else had the same problem then maybe Luma >6.0 might have some bugs that prevents booting in some consoles, if it helps, the console was a USA o3DS on 11.0. Latest Luma works fine on my n3DS by the way.
Yeah same here i used the old files and it booted fine.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Not sure if this is why - But on my n3DS I updated first to 6.0.0 normal then 6.0.1 normal then 6.0.1-dev and it went perfectly fine - That may be a way around it? Give it a shot

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that's a problem lol
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Did your record skip?
    He broke all kinds of records
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Vinyl is more for the collectors than anything honestly.
    Also don't use unknown vinyl players which have the cheap mechanism, as the needle can damage your vinyls.
    Invest into a more good quality player than anything.
    Audio-Technica is a reputable brand.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Something old was mentioned and all of a sudden we're all experts on it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hefalump syndrome.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Elephants are cool
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I wonder what Will Smith is going to say about YouTube this year
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He's gonna slap his mobile phone.
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Or get into a random argument with someone he's never met before on Facebook
    +1
    Him getting pissed after someone mentions his wife.
    Arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics.... Even if you win your still retarded
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Nuh uh
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Bought mw2 don't ask why
    +1
    Time to trigger 9-year olds on Xbox Live.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    And pick up sexy moms
    +1
    You wish
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Already got yours ;O
    +1
    Jokes on you, I don't have one :D
    And neither do you