Hacking Luma help

Owaishakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i removed my sd sd card to put in some cia files but now when I try to boot it up it gives me an error of "Failed to apply 1 firm patch(es)" and from what i i looked at its a luma thing but i tried changing the boot.firm file but no success. I am running luma 8.1.1

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i removed my sd sd card to put in some cia files but now when I try to boot it up it gives me an error of "Failed to apply 1 firm patch(es)" and from what i i looked at its a luma thing but i tried changing the boot.firm file but no success. I am running luma 8.1.1
Update to Luma3DS 10.0.1

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you correctly copied the boot.firm it would say luma 10.1

Unless you didnt reboot the console and left it on the boot menu.

Either way copy and pasting drag/drop is hard

Last edited by izy,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is Luma 10. I thought as much when you mentioned having replaced the file in your original post of this thread.

Update to Luma3DS 10.0.1
Worked before adding files to SD, tried changing boot.firm…
Thanks for not reading the OP post
============

If it worked before removing the SD, you had at least Luma v9.1. For whatever reason (contact issues, dying SD, file system corruption…) boot.firm is not found on SD and B9S falls back to the (outdated) copy on CTRNAND.

The fastest thing you can do is trying another FAT32 formatted SD with only Luma3DS boot.firm (v9.1 or v10.0.1) on it to see if the console boots with that.

I recommend checking the SD(s) in question for defects and fake:
  1. Copy all your data from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB and using Windows with guiformat.
  2. Check your SD Windows, Linux, OS X.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors copy your files back on the SD and try again.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Owaishakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is Luma 10. I thought as much when you mentioned having replaced the file in your original post of this thread.

This makes me wonder. Does the sd card has to be a particular kind of sd card? Ik there is like multiple kinds of sd cards

Worked before adding files to SD, tried changing boot.firm…

============

If it worked before removing the SD, you had at least Luma v9.1. For whatever reason (contact issues, dying SD, file system corruption…) boot.firm is not found on SD and B9S falls back to the (outdated) copy on CTRNAND.

The fastest thing you can do is trying another FAT32 formatted SD with only Luma3DS boot.firm (v9.1 or v10.0.1) on it to see if the console boots with that.

I recommend checking the SD(s) in question for defects and fake:
  1. Copy all your data from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB and using Windows with guiformat.
  2. Check your SD Windows, Linux, OS X.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors copy your files back on the SD and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay