Hacking Luma Chainloader Menu not loading?

ClassyDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update my b9s to the newest version, but when I boot while holding start, it goes straight to GodMode9. I have both GodMode9.firm and SafeB9SInstaller.firm in my payloads, so I'm not sure why the Chainloader Menu doesn't appear :(
Any suggestions?

Tyrant82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My guess and thats because i Had the Same Proble:, luma reads First from ctrnand and then from the sdcard. (I think) So i deleted the boot.firm and the luma folder from the ctrnand First and then luma loaded the payloads from the sdcard.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to update my b9s to the newest version, but when I boot while holding start, it goes straight to GodMode9. I have both GodMode9.firm and SafeB9SInstaller.firm in my payloads, so I'm not sure why the Chainloader Menu doesn't appear :(
Any suggestions?
Edit: sorry my bad you do press "start" to bring up luma chainloader, my bad I was getting mixed up with the other luma settings! You got it sorted though..

Last edited by Reecey,

ClassyDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I deleted the boot.firm file from my ctrnand and now my system won't boot. Did I brick it permanently?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I deleted the boot.firm file from my ctrnand and now my system won't boot. Did I brick it permanently?
Yes. Time to go buy a new one.

I'm just kidding. If you have B9S 1.0, you need the 7.1 Luma3DS boot.firm. If on 1.2, you need Luma3DS 8.0 boot.firm.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess and thats because i Had the Same Proble:, luma reads First from ctrnand and then from the sdcard. (I think) So i deleted the boot.firm and the luma folder from the ctrnand First and then luma loaded the payloads from the sdcard.

That is because it reads from sd then ctrnand. You most likely have been booting from ctrnand the whole time and now it won't boot because you deleted it from ctrnand. Replace the boot.firm on your sd and the system should boot again and you can load SafeB9SInstaller

Reactions: Quantumcat

Tyrant82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would have never suggest that if it would brick the system. Load the luma 7.1 boot.firm on your sdcard as Temptress suggested a Post before me.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Put Luma 8 back to the sdcard (boot.firm), and boot the console normally. The Luma config menu should appear, just check the Show SysNAND user string thingy and press START. Power the console down, and reboot it while pressing START : boom, GodMode9, you can continue the guide.

edit : the guide has been fixed because a lot of users were having this issue

Last edited by natinusala,

Tyrant82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That is because it reads from sd then ctrnand. You most likely have been booting from ctrnand the whole time and now it won't boot because you deleted it from ctrnand. Replace the boot.firm on your sd and the system should boot again and you can load SafeB9SInstaller

So does it still load primary from the sdcard even when ctrnand is Set Up? Strange why i Had the Same Problem then. But maybe because i loaded the luma8.0 on the sdcard First before updating b9s it did a fallback boot from ctrnand because the boot from sdcard would have failed anyways..

narzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guys I need help. I also have the same problem. My luma version is 7.1, everytime I tried to update using luma updater, it still shows 7.1,. So I tried to manually change the boot.firm at sd root to the latest firm (version 8.1), when I use the luma updater, it still show the version 8.1

Then I try to change the boot firm at ctrnand using fbi by copy paste it.,and my 3ds wont turn on. Then I use the solution posted here, by replacing the boot firm at sd root to version 7.1, it can turn on. Again, then whenever I update it using luma updater or manually, it wont turn on..

What should I do to update the luma to latest version? Should I delete the boot.firm in the ctrnand? I'm new to this btw

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guys I need help. I also have the same problem. My luma version is 7.1, everytime I tried to update using luma updater, it still shows 7.1,. So I tried to manually change the boot.firm at sd root to the latest firm (version 8.1), when I use the luma updater, it still show the version 8.1

Then I try to change the boot firm at ctrnand using fbi by copy paste it.,and my 3ds wont turn on. Then I use the solution posted here, by replacing the boot firm at sd root to version 7.1, it can turn on. Again, then whenever I update it using luma updater or manually, it wont turn on..

What should I do to update the luma to latest version? Should I delete the boot.firm in the ctrnand? I'm new to this btw
Put 7.1 back and follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s
The B9S version you have now is incompatible with Luma 8.0+

Reactions: narzz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1