Homebrew Luma arm9loader

streetbrawler123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay so I have a 2DS with Menuhax Emunand reinand on it I want to change it to the Luma Arm9loaderhax wat should I do If i want to instal the arm9loader thing on it without losing my current emunand ???

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a 2DS with Menuhax Emunand reinand on it I want to change it to the Luma Arm9loaderhax wat should I do If i want to instal the arm9loader thing on it without losing my current emunand ???
relax.... Arm9loaderhax does not remove your emunand, and luma3ds is just a different cfw, believe me as long as you make backups your fine. Also, follow this guide to set your 3ds up with arm9loaderhax here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) it's a bit of a process, takes a few hours, so post here if you have any problems with the process.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okey so I have to start at stage 5 right ?????
Yes the one i sent you. But since you made an emunand you just need to do a few things extra. This guide starts before you make an emunand, so to catch yourself up, backup and delete your emunand. Dont worry its backed up and can be restored later.

streetbrawler123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes the one i sent you. But since you made an emunand you just need to do a few things extra. This guide starts before you make an emunand, so to catch yourself up, backup and delete your emunand. Dont worry its backed up and can be restored later.

okey so I dont have to downgrade my ds to get the otp file thingy ????

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okey so I dont have to downgrade my ds to get the otp file thingy ????
Yes you do, however dont delete your emunand as he / she said, thats just dumb.

Anyhow, skip the emunand set up. Use otphelper to make backups of sysnand and emunand. Launch emunand, downgrade emunand to 2.1, get otp and restore emunand_original.bin

This is put in very vauge terms. There maybe other things you need to do as well. Ive done so many arm9loaderhax installs i dont use the guide anymore.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyhow, skip the emunand set up. Use otphelper to make backups of sysnand and emunand. Launch emunand, downgrade emunand to 2.1, get otp and restore emunand_original.bin

This is put in very vauge terms. There maybe other things you need to do as well. Ive done so many arm9loaderhax installs i dont use the guide anymore.
Actually, you no longer need OTPHelper. SafeA9LHInstaller can now get the OTP before installing A9LH.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i said delete emunand so you can make a rednand

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative