Hacking Luma 8.x Stealth Builds

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a better stealth idea.

a ctr nand boot.firm that ignores keypresses, disables luma exceptions, doesn't sigpatch. only provides firm protection so you can update your firmware without loosing the ability to boot non stealth firmware from sdcard.

you boot without sdcard, your system looks clean. you put your non clean sdcard to get normal non stealth luma. you put in a sdcard without boot.firm, you get stealth bs9 that's undetected by any means whatsoever. without a boot.firm on scdard, there's NO WAY to tell it's hacked unless they have put their own boot.firm sdcard in. pull clean sdcard with system on you get stock error.

this is true stealth.

D

Deleted User

Once this is installed, can I delete all the files on my SD card except for the DCIM and Nintendo 3DS folders?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once this is installed, can I delete all the files on my SD card except for the DCIM and Nintendo 3DS folders?
With this, you can delete everything, even your DCIM and Nintendo 3DS folders if you don't mind losing your pictures and re-installing your games. Everything you need is on CTRNAND, so CFW will even boot without an SD card.

Reactions: Deleted User

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for hijacking this topic. I have a quick question, is there anyway to run .firm payload via bs9tool or so? I want to keep untouched sysnand.
Thanks heaps.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for hijacking this topic. I have a quick question, is there anyway to run .firm payload via bs9tool or so? I want to keep untouched sysnand.
Thanks heaps.
This does not sound like a very practical idea for everyday use… but well. What are you trying to do? You can boot firm payloads without writing to the NAND with an ntrboot cartridge.
  • Put GodMode9 as boot.firm into the root of the (micro-)SD and insert your ntrboot flashed cartridge.
  • Do ntrboot. Instead of the B9S installer GodMode9 will be loaded.
  • You can now backup your NAND, dump eShop content/cartridges to CXIs/CIAs… use GodMode9 as you like.
If this is what you want – done.
==========

If you want more: I did not test beyond this point!
Edit: I could not get it to work. ntrboot successfully loads Luma in SysNAND but when trying to boot into EmuNAND, it did not work. No Luma, no EmuNAND.

:!: formatting the SD will obviously delete all data – so back it up or – even better – do not use your main SD!

Press (Home) in GodMode9, select More… → SD format menu → RedNAND size(min)
This way you can create an EmuNAND. Copy your SysNAND to the newly created EmuNAND. After that:
  • Put boot.3dsx and boot.firm from latest Luma release into the root of your SD.
  • Download and put the files on your SD like explained on the finalizing page.
  • Do ntrboot once again. Luma settings should appear. Select
    • (x) Autoboot EmuNAND
    • (x) Show NAND or user string in System Settings
  • Press (Start) to boot; then open System Settings and verify there is “Emu” before the version number.
  • Do the finalizing setup.
I cannot think of anything else to do. Some comments:
  • Rebooting the console will boot into unmodified SysNAND.
  • Each time you want to access CFW, do ntrboot. This should automatically load EmuNAND with Luma active.
  • Luma works from ntrboot(and correctly detects being started by ntrboot) – but it is not exactly the official way.
  • DSiWare does not work from EmuNAND (I think the same is true for GBA Virtual Console)

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: thaikhoa

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to run .firm payload via bs9tool or so?
The only way to run a payload with B9STool would be to install the payload instead of B9S, but that would be pointless as you'd have to install either B9S, GodMode9, or Luma to your sysnand, but you want to avoid modification (which is pointless, as you can uninstall cfw later if you really want), so that wouldn't work. You could use NTRBoot as mentioned above, but that would be so much of a hassle that there's no point in it. You'd have to run NTRBoot every time you turned the console on, left Settings, or ran a Mode 3/DS/GBA game (idk if those would even work, so you might not even be able to play them). You'd be doing so much more work for no benefit, possibly even with some drawbacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol