Luigi's Mansion NeoGamma Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by DemonPants, May 18, 2013.

1. DemonPants
    OP

DemonPants Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    I installed Neogamma and got everything working, but whenever I try to play Luigi's Mansion the game freezes after I press start. I have tried messing with the settings and the only different result I get is that certain settings will get me the green screen.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    You need to have a cMIOS
    google Wiigator cMIOS v4 or Wiipower cMIOS v10 and install only one with a wad manager

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    or maybe he forced progressive video mode? (if Neogamma allowed video mode forcing)
    Luigi's mansion already have an official progressive mode selection screen, launch the game in interlace mode, and select progressive in the game.

4. DemonPants
    OP

DemonPants Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    I'm using wiiGator cMIOS v10, I can get v4 if that will help. As for Cyan, how do I launch in interlace mode? I tried messing with the video options for 480p since that is what my tv switches it to when I try progressive scan. I never saw an interlace mode, though.

5. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    yes give v4 a try too

6. DemonPants
    OP

DemonPants Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    Alright, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    in neogamma there's an option for GameCube video mode.

Option > GC options > Force Video
    Try with NTSC480i (i = interlace)

There's also a "Patch Video" setting. Maybe... try all combination of video and patches?

You can also try using an ISO backup instead of a disc backup and another game loader, by installing Devolution or DIOS MIOS (Lite) instead of cMIOS.

8. DemonPants
    OP

DemonPants Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    I've already tried DIOS MIOS and sadly I couldn't get the games to load. Mainly because I don't have any portable storage with enough memory for the cluster size. I tried WiiGator v4 and got the same freezing problem except for v4 didn't allow progressive scan. Not that I care that much. I haven't tried WiiPower but I'll give the other ideas that you posted Cyan. I'll update you when I get the chance.

9. DemonPants
    OP

DemonPants Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    Alright, so it's been a while. Sorry for not getting back here sooner. Ultimately I gave up on trying to hack this because nothing worked. I do, however have another question. How can I get my Wii to be able to play Gamecube games again. I think I need a MIOS or cMIOS. I can't really seem to find any information on what I need. I probably could just update my Wii. But I would like to keep the homebrew channel. Can anyone help me out?

10. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    You mean retail discs?
    latest Dios Mios/Lite works with retail disc though you will need USB hdd/SD plugged in I believe. Or
    you can install the original mios which you can download with NUSD or Modmii