Hacking LU64 fix for LU64+ USERS ONLY

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Skarface05, I have a LU64 Wii with 3.4U fw. I was able to install IOS16, cIOS249r7 (both from the Softmii 2.1.1 package) and cIOS249r10 (from Waninkoko's installer, via wad).
Now I'm able to run USB Loader 1.5 without problems, do I need this LU64 fix?

TIA

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ssjkakaroto said:
Hi Skarface05, I have a LU64 Wii with 3.4U fw. I was able to install IOS16, cIOS249r7 (both from the Softmii 2.1.1 package) and cIOS249r10 (from Waninkoko's installer, via wad).
Now I'm able to run USB Loader 1.5 without problems, do I need this LU64 fix?

TIA
nope, if you are satisfied with what you have

Posts merged

QUOTE(justoni @ May 1 2009, 05:13 AM) hi skar!

i have wii LU64x firmwire 4.0u with homebrew channel installed and i previously installed ios16, 35 and 36.
no signs of my wii being bricked or semi bricked though. i can still play games on it and stuff.

is there any way i can install the LU64fix?
i'm no rush so if not able to i'm just gonna wait for the softmii 3.0.
if you want more than whar you have, run this. If you are satisfied with what you have, leave it be!

justoni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
if you want more than what you have, run this. If you are satisfied with what you have, leave it be!

so in otherwords this will work on 4.0u firmwire?
all i get are black screens when i run usb loader so yeah i do want more.
ty for the speedy reply!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
icefire, what is this wad that only you have?

im just curious..

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Preloader will work on these wii's only once they are upgraded to 4.0 tho as preloader is not compatible with 3.4.

This fix will work for anyone on 4.0 as well who gets black screens on most homebrew provided you have hbc installed and upgraded to 4.0 from 3.4.

zeromission80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skarface05 said:
Preloader will work on these wii's only once they are upgraded to 4.0 tho as preloader is not compatible with 3.4.

This fix will work for anyone on 4.0 as well who gets black screens on most homebrew provided you have hbc installed and upgraded to 4.0 from 3.4.

Kudos for this my fiance's brothers system had homebrew channel on 4.0 but would not install via the dvdx trick going around this worked like a charm...
yaypsp.gif
thank you

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, is there a new but unofficial cIOS release in this pack then?

if you wait for waninkoko's couldnt you install that, then upgrade and install cIOSCORP and stuff safely? i mean, then it would have all the same IOS' and such as any other wii?

also, i havent seen this dotted around, but is there a cIOS release that allows games access the second USB?

havent really read up about r10, because i heard that it causes unwanted side effects lol. so if anyone could clear that up, cheers
smile.gif

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@skarface05

If I go ahead and install this will there be any complications to installing softmii 3 later on? Also, any timeframe of when v3 will come out?

cameron26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i install the wad thing? I got the files on m sd card but i cannot seem to show up on my wii. Is there a simple guide for this? IM very nerw to soft modding

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ