OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Hello,

First post on Gbatemp but also first trouble so far...

I accidently uninstalled the whole wii systemmenu wad with wadmanager. I was trying to install a CIOS 249 pacthed systemenu but get a ret=-2150.
I was on 3.2(EUR) with starfall installed.
My wii starts(it seems DVD drive is spining on boot) but only display a blackscreen.
I had starfall installed but of course, revovery mode patch was removed with systemmenu.
In my knoweldge, it seems to be a Low level Brick.

I knew what I was doing (not tell me I'm a noob please, reading each gbatemp post since the early scene two years ago).
And I'm not complaining, entire fault is mine.

I could buy a new wii but I like the challenge to unbrick.
If I install a chip, is this a brick savemii/savemiifree can help me to fix ?
I already tried the savemiifree method (without chip) but original Zelda TP doesn't boot nor display 3.2[EUR] on the bottom screen (logic : system menu is needed but gone).

[EDIT] NAND DUMPER never worked for me, so I have no backup.

Thanks in adance for your answer.

Regards.

hackotedelaplaqu

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Already seen.
I'm on "Branch D" Low level failure (NAND SYSTEM CORRUPTION).

Since it's not an hardware failure, I have to wait for bootmii I guess ?

I still don't understand the ret=-21500 error (with the 2 wad : the 249 patched and the orignal system menu I backed-up).
I never upgraded to 23october update.

EDIT :
Thanks for your answer QUINCY.
Will Infectus be on any help with a wii that can't even start and no NAND previoulsy dumped ?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
hackotedelaplaque said:
Already seen.
I'm on "Branch D" Low level failure (NAND SYSTEM CORRUPTION).

Since it's not an hardware failure, I have to wait for bootmii I guess ?

I still don't understand the ret=-21500 error (with the 2 wad : the 249 patched and the orignal system menu I backed-up).
I never upgraded to 23october update.

EDIT :
Thanks for your answer QUINCY.
Will Infectus be on any help with a wii that can't even start and no NAND previoulsy dumped ?
Well idk,if you use IRC you can join #WiiHelp on EFNet to ask there

friknfrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't had to try this yet but have it for just in case. If this is AUTOBOOT, it just might work but I agree that it seams your SYSMENU is corrupt.

Give it a shot anyhow. Download and burn the appropriate ISO for your region, pop it in the Wii and Power-off/Power-on.
Never know, it might save you
smile.gif

http://hackmii.com/2008/05/semi-brick-fix-discs/

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
There are three options,
1. Using a healthy dump of your nand flash
2. Using your keys to rebuild another one's dump...
3. Flash just the boot2 portion in the nand and that way install bootmii...

1. With your healthy dump you can directly overwrite your nand flash...
2. With someone else's dump you need to extract the dump to a filesystem and use your keys (possibly hmac key) to build the new dump that will work in your wii...
3. Since boot2 is in a definite place in the nand you can just overwrite it with the bootmii..

The problems..
1. You don't have your nand dump
2. Possibly you don't have your keys?
3. Bootmii isn't released...

Still for all these you need an infectus soldered to your nand flash and have the necessary software to do all the reading/writing of the nand...

So you basically need to found a place that can do all these low level stuff or just send it to nintendo paying the repair fee...

No publicly known procedures for all these so they are all in theory...

also related : http://wiicrazy.tepetaklak.com/index.php/2...nts-a-new-hack/

hackotedelaplaqu

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
IMO autoboot discs won't work with a corrupted NAND.
No healthy dump...
No Keys...
See my reseller today, no second hand wii ...
I'm f**ked !
I'll send my wii to big N for a motherboard remplacement (at least 115 € fee).

Anyway, thanks all for your answers.

However, the ret=2150 error on a clean 3.2 firmware makes me sick, I want to understand why ??

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My respects to the deceased. I had a loved one die on me just a few months ago. I was lucky enough to be on my last day of warranty so N sent me a new baby boy. Something you might want to try is if you have any gamestop stores around. Talk to them becasue they buy used stutt. See if they have a Wii with a broken drive in it that they will sell, or see that if anybody tries to trade in a wii with broken drive if they will call you. There's been many times I've been in there where somebody is standing at the counter trying to trade in a psp or xbox or whatever.... probably stolen. Tell em what your problem is, cashed NAND and you just need a functional motherboard. Maybe worth the effort of a phone call or visit. Depending on the people working there. I have one of the guys that works in the local store here playing lookout for me. Hes watching to try to grab broken Wii's cheap if anybody brings any in. I figure most broken Wiis as long as not coming from the hackerz should be drive problems.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whenever your using Wad Manager, you really need to put the original Wad file onto the SD card as well. So if your system menu wad wouldnt install, then you could just scroll down in Wad Manager and install the original one.

Take that into precautions next time.

Its a shame Wad Manager cannot perform a "reload" function like the Homebrew Channel's incase something goes wrong with the installation process.

hackotedelaplaqu

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Tichinde925>Original Systemmenu WAD file was onto the SD but no way to restore it...

Thanks all for yours answers. My wii will be send to repair tomorrow.
May this post be a warning for other members messing with too many IOSes and system menu.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it seems to me from reading and my understanding o how tools and the wii itself works...
is this..

1. you dont have any system menu on the wii anymore
2. you do not have the ios that runs the system menu anymore....

so without those alot of tools wont work...
savemiifrii does not display the numbers because guess what no system menu nor the ios to run it...
so you kinda screwed unless you can find a tool to work off of another ios to reinstall the system menu...

maaybe if you had the cios installed on your wii you know ios249 or hell if you had ios16 and than used the custom wadmager in an auto boot disc you could fix it or patch a disc to use ios 249...

-kitt050383

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.