Hardware Low demand for Wii U?

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen a lot of stores still have stock of Wii U in my city and I was wondering is it in low demand? I know the Wii sold like hot cakes and was very hard to find one. Is it just my area or is there really a low demand?

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen a lot of stores still have stock of Wii U in my city and I was wondering is it in low demand? I know the Wii sold like hot cakes and was very hard to find one. Is it just my area or is there really a low demand?
Same here on launch day no where sold out still 3 wii u's at my target and like 5 at walmart. First console i had money for i didn't buy, but im never buying a console again. PC 4 life.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^
they did, they produced way more consoles then less people purchased them then they expected. ebay is full sellers who got 10+ Wii U's and show pictures of them stacked against their wall or in their minivan. they are regretting it as they expected to sell all those Wii U's for 800$ extorted prices like people did with the Wii.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^
they did, they produced way more consoles then less people purchased them then they expected. ebay is full sellers who got 10+ Wii U's and show pictures of them stacked against their wall or in their minivan. they are regretting it as they expected to sell all those Wii U's for 800$ extorted prices like people did with the Wii.

The only people who got something out of reselling on ebay sold the preorders early on when the speculation pointed toward low supply (that's what I did, sorry guys)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^

Good, those people deserve to suffer. Hell even if there were members on GBAtemp who were doing it, I wish they took a massive hit in their wallets.

Anyways, if IIRC, Nintendo was just shy of meeting the sales mark the Wii made at launch. But they still sold fairly well, they're just pumping out more machines. I think they have two factories doing it now instead of one.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here is one going for 150 dollars with 3 games included

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/3477026598.html
That'll teach those little punks to show some RESPECT!

...to the wiiU. :P

On a more serious note: the kids were warned. They had it coming. Having to watch it being sold is cruel, but without the background story, I won't judge.

Too bad I'm not even remotely close to that area. :(

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, those people deserve to suffer. Hell even if there were members on GBAtemp who were doing it, I wish they took a massive hit in their wallets.

Anyways, if IIRC, Nintendo was just shy of meeting the sales mark the Wii made at launch. But they still sold fairly well, they're just pumping out more machines. I think they have two factories doing it now instead of one.

Hey, just remember, some people like me were doing it to make ends meet. Graduate school is very expensive

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So? That doesn't mean anything. I hope people like you end up being in even more debt to the point where you can't afford to buy anything but ends meat.

This is a capitalist society, I'm just taking advantage of the our economic structure to pay for education. If you don't like it you can move to southern africa where they don't do that. You either learn to to make a dollar or you die poor in North America so get off your high horse

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a capitalist society, I'm just taking advantage of the our economic structure to pay for education. If you don't like it you can move to southern africa where they don't do that. You either learn to to make a dollar or you die poor in North America so get off your high horse

See, it's hard to take you seriously when people like you, are taking advantage of people. Not to mention now that the WiiU's sold from people like you are selling at a loss, it makes me feel better that you along with other people are getting burned harsh because you spent all that money on a WiiU, hoping to make a profit but you can't now.

And it makes me feel so much better knowing that people like you just dug a bigger grave for yourselves.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, it's hard to take you seriously when people like you, are taking advantage of people. Not to mention now that the WiiU's sold from people like you are selling at a loss, it makes me feel better that you along with other people are getting burned harsh because you spent all that money on a WiiU, hoping to make a profit but you can't now.

And it makes me feel so much better knowing that people like you just dug a bigger grave for yourselves.

Wrong again, I sold them as preorders when they were still around 800-1000 dollars. Anyway I'm done with this asinine discussion

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im glad I only bought one , that thing stayed in my closet for 3 weeks till I decided I would probably never make any money on selling it . So I opened it :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...