Hacking lots of trouble with backup launcher v 0.3

Munchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been posted. if so feel free to delet.

Ok, so let me just start by saying, i have been working at this for about 5 hours today, to no avail.
Right now my Wii is version 3.3, i have Homebrew version 1.0.1 installed.
I've been trying to get backup launcher to work but I'm having a lot of issues. First off, from what i have read of this forum and other sites, i need to have IOS249. For some reason i can't seem to get that on my wii. right now i have IOS36 installed. I have been following the steps posted from this site http://www.instructables.com/id/SNV9T0CFN4H8OGD/. I DL the folder from this site, and it was missing the DVDx file, but then i read that those are no longer needed. So i installed /cIOS Rev7/boot.dol using WAD (then installed it again using network) Step 3 is the DVDx installed, but as i already stated, the file wasn't there, so i skipped that step. Then i get the step 4 and this is where i think i am having issues. i select the app WADManager1.3/boot.dol. according to the website, it wants me to select "backup launcher 0.3 gamma, but it doesn't give me that choice. what am i doing wrong here?

Also, not sure if this is important, but when i run backup launcher, and try to play my game, i get a DVD read error 324, no cIOS. Now i read that that may have to do with the way i burned the game. So i read some stuff, and used IMGburn, at 4x speed. still get the same thing.

all help and advice is greatly appreciated, and thanks for being so patient with me.

Munchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little stuck. I get to this step
Step 3: Wii Fix Guide
Press "A" on the Wii Remote once.
The Wii should detect a SD Card.
Press "A" again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card.
Use the "D-Pad" to select "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".
Press "+" to install the WAD.
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.

and for some reason it doesn't automatically detect my SD card. so i don't get the choice to install the IOS? anybody know why this may be happing, and is there a work around?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: