Lots of questions.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by Chaorain, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Chaorain
    OP

Chaorain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2008
    United States
    Not too long ago I would have considered what I'm about to ask sacralidge. Should I buy a used Xbox? I have a Wii (soft modded) and DS (flash cart M3DS Real) I usually don't like the Xbox but Gamestop is selling them for $60 plus there is a $20 off coupon. I mean $40 for an Xbox?!? Even I would do that. But before I buy are there any good features? Other than Halo 1&2. What type of homebrew is there? Are there any other uses for the Xbox? I have been afraid to hardmod my Wii because I do not want to void the warranty, but I would be willing to hard mod the Xbox. What chip do you recommend? Is there a good site for this information (other than GBA Temp)? I have this same thread but for the PS2 here. Which would you recommend PS2 or Xbox?

P.S.
    I remember hearing about a mod that you installed Linux on an Xbox and could get all sorts of cool stuff for Halo (maybe Halo 2) like a plasma pistol that would shoot Wraith tanks (OK so must be Halo 2 right?) and Scorpion tanks i.e. spawn the tank then send it flying across the map. [​IMG] Any clue if this is real?

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    It's worth it for xmbc alone. Xmbc = play pretty much any video your pc can play , except for hd stuff. Lots of homebrew for the xbox , pretty much a emulator for everything up to n64 (n64 is not perfect). No need for a chip these days , just softmod it. Don't even need to buy anything to do it , can do it for free with hotswap method.

3. Chaorain
    OP

Chaorain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2008
    United States
    Cool. That looks AWESOME! Thanks for the quick reply. Any info on the PS2 thread?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice