Hacking Lots of Applications Crashes

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been running into many problems with my homebrewed Wii. I'll post all the steps I've taken and the errors I come across.

I own a 64+ Wii officially upgraded to 4.2U. I used the bannerbomb exploit and installed the Homebrew channel with BootMii (IOS), this all worked just fine. Unfortinately, everything I tried after this seemed to crash on me. I installed the homebrew browser and it frequently "Code Dumped" on me. I tried Doom, which never loaded, and Wad Manager, which just froze when I selected IOS249. I was still unfamiliar with the Wii hacking scene and so I followed any guide I could find. I attempted to patch IOS249, which repeatedly crashed the Wii. I did some extensive reading, specifically this excellent noob guide by nabster92. After I had the sense to make a backup with BootMii, I patched my IOS36 according to Deviyl's informative guide, which seemed to work just fine. I then installed Priiloader for additional brick protection, and ran Wad Manager, which finally worked (using IOS36).

These are the problems I'm still experiencing now:
  • Running NeoGamma R7 or Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma loads a black screen, then the Wii locks up. No errors at all, I have to hold the power button to shut the machine off.
  • USB Loader GX flashes an orange [Loading, please wait] notification for a brief second, then locks up on black just as NeoGamma and Backup Launcher do.
  • The majority of my WAD installations (WiiWare, mostly) just says "This channel cannot be used". I believe this is because it's a PAL copy of the game or something, so I can probably get around with with a Priiloader hack, but I'm not sure.
  • Which reminds me, Priiloader hacks don't seem to be doing anything. I could upload the file, but it is pretty much the stock file available on the Wiibrew wiki. I've placed hacks.ini in the root directory of the SD card which I believe is correct, but maybe not.
I am using an 8GB Kingston SDHC card, although I homebrewed the machine with a 32MB Canon SD Card. I've also tried using a Kingston 4GB flashdrive, although most applications much prefer the SD card. I'm not sure what could be causing my problems, the seemingly random crashes from applications like USB Loader GX are my largest concern at the moment. Hopefully I have given you guys enough information to be able to help me out.

Thank you,
Wes

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help. How would I go about finding if one of my IOS's is corrupt/stubbed? I'm not even sure what stubbed means, to be honest.

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
can you maybe run signCheck for us and post the result?
Here you go. I'll upload the file itself if you need it.

CODESignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report
Wii regionÂÂÂÂ Usa

IOS numberÂÂÂÂ "Trucha bug"ÂÂÂÂ "Flash access"ÂÂÂÂ "Boot2 access"ÂÂÂÂ "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS250 (ver 65535)ÂÂÂÂ EnabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Enabled
IOS70 (ver 6687)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS61 (ver 5405)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS57 (ver 5661)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS56 (ver 5405)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5406)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5406)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3867)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3869)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS36 (ver 3351)ÂÂÂÂ EnabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS35 (ver 3349)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS34 (ver 3348)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS33 (ver 3091)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS31 (ver 3349)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1550)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS22 (ver 1037)ÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS17 (ver 775)ÂÂÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS14 (ver 520)ÂÂÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled
IOS13 (ver 273)ÂÂÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ DisabledÂÂÂÂ Disabled

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yepp ios 249 is stub.
Stub means it is an empty ios just for overwriting.
That's waht update 4.2 did.
Delete the stub with anytitle deleter and reinstall the original.

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to hear we found the cause to these issues. I have to ask though, is there any inherent risk of me bricking my Wii using this tool? I realize the IOS is past 200, but I've seen many warnings about how this tool can be very dangerous, and I just want to confirm that this is safe to do.

Also, I'm not sure how to install the "original". Once I remove the stub, do I just run cIOS38 Rev16 by Waninkoko and select IOS36 to patch IOS249?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I have to ask though, is there any inherent risk of me bricking my Wii using this tool? I realize the IOS is past 200, but I've seen many warnings about how this tool can be very dangerous, and I just want to confirm that this is safe to do.
It won't brick if you don't delete things that shouldn't be deleted. Delete ONLY IOS249 under "System Titles".

QUOTEOnce I remove the stub, do I just run cIOS38 Rev16 by Waninkoko and select IOS36 to patch IOS249?
Yes. I'd use cIOS38 rev14 though. Seems more stable than rev15/rev16, which are quite buggy. The procedure for installing that is the same as rev16.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and for future reference, I'm pretty sure that DoP-IOS mod 10 can delete stubs now so it's really an (almost) one stop shop for Wii modding!. Hackmii installer comes first of course, then DoP-IOS mod v10 to get a bugged 36 and remove some stubs, then cIOS installer.

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much guys, that seems to have fixed the majority of my issues. I'll do my best to work out any remaining problems (like the hacks.ini file not working).

Thank you,
Wes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-