Hacking Lost save on acekard 2i

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey
I was playin chrono trigger on acekard on my 3ds and suddenly i booted the game and my save wont show up... It only lets me start new game... :/ the sav file is still in the micro SD as i checked. Anyone has any clue?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this:

Back up your save to your computer, start a new game, save, and see if the file name of the newly saved game (for whatever reason) is different from your backup. If the file name changed, rename and restore your previously backed up save to the AceKard 2i.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok i will try this.

EDIT: Oh no.... I try to copy the sav file and i get error message saying file corrupt :/ gg............... RIP save file....

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Okay.... Today another save file stopped working and appeared as corrupted.... Wtf is this??? Something i just noticed is that both save files were ruined just after using Colors DS homebrew app on my 3ds... Does this have to do anything with the save files???

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be just your microSD card going bad, unfortunately. I've had quite a few cheapo microSD cards go bad, and they all exhibited these kind of symptoms right before they stopped working entirely. My advice is you make an immediate backup of all the contents on your microSD, just in case.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It is a sandisk microsd that came in package with the acekard 2i from zuzuchina. The only problem i have encountered is that i lost my save files 2 times and both save files were lost after using colors ds :-/
That is strange

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem where my whole card will randomly corrupt, taking out random roms.
Just now it started taking my saves. It's a 4GB Kingston card, and I got two others at the same time and they have no problems.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem where my whole card will randomly corrupt, taking out random roms.
Just now it started taking my saves. It's a 4GB Kingston card, and I got two others at the same time and they have no problems.
what class are those kingston cards, may I ask? the ones that were always corrupting on me were the class 2s, but after switching to class 4s, my cards so far have lasted at least twice as long as the previous ones (and are still kicking).

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what class are those kingston cards, may I ask? the ones that were always corrupting on me were the class 2s, but after switching to class 4s, my cards so far have lasted at least twice as long as the previous ones (and are still kicking).
Oh, apparently my 4GB one isn't even Kingston, just some generic no-name one.
http://www.etcome.com/product/new-microsd-4gb-micro-sd-memory-card-tf-4-gb-4g-with-free-sd-adapter.html
Pretty sure it was that.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Never had a box, and it doesn't say on the card. Ech.
Ick. Well generally, those no-name brands are class 2, which in addition to having horrible read/write speed, just aren't very durable. Idk what your budget is, but you can actually find a class 10 32gb microSDHC card for less than $40 on sites like newegg. I wish I had known they were so cheap myself... a few months ago, I stupidly spent literally $100 on a class 4 32gb mciroSDHC card at Best Buy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220547

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had a box, and it doesn't say on the card. Ech.
Ick. Well generally, those no-name brands are class 2, which in addition to having horrible read/write speed, just aren't very durable. Idk what your budget is, but you can actually find a class 10 32gb microSDHC card for less than $40 on sites like newegg. I wish I had known they were so cheap myself... a few months ago, I stupidly spent literally $100 on a class 4 32gb mciroSDHC card at Best Buy.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820220547
My budget is awful. If it was better, I'd have a DSTwo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool