Lost Random WiiWare and VC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ethanx94, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Ethanx94
    OP

Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2007
    United States
    In the parallel dimension
    When I turned my wii on yesterday I noticed I didn't have all of my wiiware and virtual console titles.
    I checked my channels memory in the wii settings and it said I had exactly 1000 blocks open, when before it usually said 200-500 blocks open.
    I didn't update to 4.0U and I'm still on 3.2U. I think I lost these titles:

Wiiware:
    Dr. Mario & Germ Buster
    Tetris

VC:
    Super Mario Bros (NES)
    Injected Super Smash Bros

I can't recall the rest.
    It seems like all of the titles I have left were ones I bought officially and the homebrew channel.
    The last thing I remember doing was messing with preloader to take off a video that I set to start at boot.
    I reinstalled Dr. Mario and it works fine but does anyone have any idea what happened so I don't do this again?

Offtopic: Has anyone got MenuRebooter to work while preloader is installed? I always get a black screen.

2. MadClaw

MadClaw GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2008
    United States
    Usa
    Maybe you or someone else was on your wii not knowing what they were doing and formatted it?

3. Ethanx94
    OP

Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2007
    United States
    In the parallel dimension
    No it's only been me, I haven't been on it for a while though. I think the problem lies somewhere with preloader.

4. Jovis36

Jovis36 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2008
    United States
    The same thing happened to me as well two days ago. I had about 200 blocks free and then i noticed I had 1000 blocks free. I checked the last page where I keep all of my vc/wiiware games and I noticed some empty channels. Turns out SMB2 Lost Levels, Sin & Punishment, Mario Golf 64, and World of Goo were deleted. I was able to reinstall Mario Golf 64 and run it without any problems (the only game I reinstalled so far) but I have no idea why these titles were removed.

5. SoLuckys

SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2008
    Cyprus
    Paralimni
    happened to my too today. i run ios60 installer but i choose no and when my wii rebooted all my wiiware games and vc games were gone(the games are world of goo, onslaught, super mario bros 2 and some other). I try copying onslaught from my sd to wii and after rebooting it was gone again
    P.S.:I am still on 3.2E

EDIT
    I think its a preloader issue cos i accidently run hack remover from homebrew channel and then again preloader but i dont think it is cos before when i was installing wiiware/vc games, i run hack remover and preloader several times but my games werent gone [​IMG]

6. YellowYoYos

YellowYoYos GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2008
    United States
    The same thing happened to me! I was playing star fox 64 VC for an hours or two and I paused the game and left the wii sit in for about 2 hours then turned it off and went to sleep. then the next day I wake up and turn on the Wii and ALL of my VC/WiiWare games and there save fies where gone! No joke I have no clue of how this would of happened, I Checked the firmware and it still says 3.2E so it didnt update itself, and wiicinnect24 has always been off. It's not that it's that big of a loss because I have back ups but still very weird, glad it's not only happened to me.

7. Petewithf33t

Petewithf33t Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2008
    UK
    Same thing happend to me, started wii this morning lost 3 vc games and the M-Player forwarder channel. Not messed around with preloader. No one but me uses the wii

8. yabel

yabel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    This has been asked a few times but its not wide spread so its being brushed off as user error.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142...p;#entry1850877
    This is the post I was posting to and it states same issue.
    I think it has something to do with Preloader. People have posted there is no way but all people that posted a response said they had preloader installed.
    I can say personally that I did change some hacks in preloader the day it happened. But it was just on 2 settings. I did have a friend that had it happen 2 days later but he hadnt been using his wii. So its still a bit of a mystery.
    I have preloader with Crazyintro v3 installed.

9. SanGor

SanGor Witchhunter

Aug 21, 2008
    United States
    I got preloader with 3.2E and a few backedup channels also a snes emu channel and everything is fine [​IMG]

10. games2007

games2007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2008
    United States
    Dude! The exact thing happened to me after I downgraded from 4.0U to 3.2U, installed some cIOS, and then installed the Preloader.
    I lost 5 games- Tetris Party, SMB3, Paper Mario, SSB64, and SuperMario64.
    I also lost the Nes emulator channel and the WAD installer channel =.=
    I had to get the Wads for these and re-install them, excluding SMB3, Paper Mario, and SM64, which are store-bought.
    It still sucks that I lost the save data.
    I was on chapter 6 in Paper Mario and I unlocked all the characters in SSB64.

11. gumbyscout

gumbyscout GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2007
    United States
    Who cares?
    This happened to me yesterday when I was trying to get my usbgecko to use rebooter properly, so I had to uninstall preloader. Randomly my three wiiware titles are their saves were gone. I had My Pokemon Ranch, Dr. Mario, and Bomberman Blast.