Gaming Lost Majora's Mask Progress

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello All!

So I've been playing Majora's Mask for a few days and got as far as beating the snow temple. I got the upgraded sword through the mini quest line, epona and got the Zora mask as well. I know I saved several times after getting this stuff... I saved by talking to the bird as well as playing the song of time to return to the 1st day. My problem is I accidentally removed the gateway card as the game was paused and when I reloaded the game I've lost a LOT of progress. It showing that the snow temple is not completed.. no sword, no epona, missing 2 or 3 masks, two bottles.. I'm certain I saved at least 10 times and went back to the first day several times as I was progressing so I'm very confused how I've lost so much progress.. Has this happened to anybody else and can someone confirm how the saves work in Majoras mask? Does it only save when you close the game entirely? I expected to loose a couple things since my last save but it seems i've lost many saves.

NOTE: I checked the save date stamp on the select file screen and it is showing 4 days ago.. i definitely saved since.

Plasmastar510

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't happen. AFAIK, saves are on the 3DS' SD card.

P.S. Are you aware that the Song of Time does NOT save in this version of the game? :(

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It shouldn't happen. AFAIK, saves are on the 3DS' SD card.

P.S. Are you aware that the Song of Time does NOT save in this version of the game? :(

I wasnt sure exactly what saved so I used the song of time as well as the bird to avoid this type of situation.. it's frustrating to have to do the progress over again. I think i'll wait until gateway supports the n3ds as I picked one up yesterday and i've heard that I might need to start from scratch.. no point of doing it 3 times lol

It only saves to the sd card if you exit the game or shut down console completly

Nand games are the exception

Good to know.. I'll make it a habbit of closing the game when im done with the session. I've been keeping it on to avoid loosing the saves but ironically this is appears to be the reason I lost my save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast