Hacking Lost all my SD Data

CrispyCola

zero-two
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had setup an EmuNAND on my N3ds XL with a9lh+luma about a week ago ( because I'd heard you would lose access to homebrew if you update to 11.3 ) but now the new payloads for hb are out and I moved my EmuNAND back to SysNand. It was successful, but I used emunand9 to format my SD's emunand partition, but it formatted my entire SD including my nand backup aside from the 3ds folder, boot.3dsx and an empty files9 folder. Is there any way I can get this data back? I had a completed Moon save in JKSM on there. (and yes I followed 3ds.guide). If you cant tell already, i'm a noob to 3ds modding (and gbatemp).

Any help would be appreciated.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are in tough position, if you successfully recovered you Nand back up there's a slight chance it might be corrupted(files don't magically disappear they get rewritten to clear space). You can start from scratch by putting the files back to your sd card. such as

arm9loaderhax.bin
exporting the homebrew starter kit
recreating the luma folders(luma/payloads)
adding the keys bin to files9 folder
adding the FBI.3dsx to 3ds folder
using soundhax to login to HBL access FBI and install FBI Cias
use titledb to download luma updater and HBL
redownload hourglass payload
make another nand back up. and
make a back up of your back up
SAVE IT IN YOUR PC OR AN ONLINE CLOUD like google drive

Last edited by Meliodas2255,

CrispyCola

zero-two
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are in tough position, if you successfully recovered you Nand back up there's a slight chance it might be corrupted(files don't magically disappear they get rewritten to clear space). You can start from scratch by putting the files back to your sd card. such as

arm9loaderhax.bin
exporting the homebrew starter kit
recreating the luma folders(luma/payloads)
adding the keys bin to files9 folder
adding the FBI.3dsx to 3ds folder
using soundhax to login to HBL access FBI and install FBI Cias
use titledb to download luma updater and HBL

I already did all of that. My old Nand backup from when I first followed 3ds.guide is still in my dropbox. I restored it and nothing. I made a new nand backup as well.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by "nothing" you can't restore sd files by restoring the NAND. You can try to recover files using a recovery tool but even then it's not 100% sure that it will work? what other problems are you having? you can't enter the home menu?

CrispyCola

zero-two
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not having any problems with booting, i'm just wondering how to get my sd's data back.
And btw, I knew the nand backup doesn't restore sd data. I thought that CIAs, which I installed a lot of, were installed to the nand (don't judge me).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks like you didn't even pay attention to the warning about data will be lost on confirmation. Try M3 Data Recovery.
I did pay attention to the warning. I thought it was talking about the Emunand partition. And m3 data recovery didn't find anything.

Last edited by CrispyCola,
D

Deleted User

I'm not having any problems with booting, i'm just wondering how to get my sd's data back

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did pay attention to the warning. I thought it was talking about the Emunand partition. And m3 data recovery didn't find anything.
That sucks, I think it was fully wiped. This is why you should backup stuffs to PC.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it seems you only option is to try recovery tools to attempt to recover them, if that doesn't work, then the other option is to accept that you can't change the facts and they are gone forever. However, it's posible that if you use JKSM to back up your save, you probably used PkHex then you might have a back up in the bak folder automatically created by the tool if you said yes when you set it up.

CrispyCola

zero-two
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it seems you only option is to try recovery tools to attempt to recover them, if that doesn't work, then the other option is to accept that you can't change the facts and they are gone forever. However, it's posible that if you use JKSM to back up your save, you probably used PkHex then you might have a back up in the bak folder automatically created by the tool if you said yes when you set it up.
I did use pkhex, and I think I did say yes.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you go. thank the all mighty PKHeX developers for helping you out on this one and for the other files good luck in attempting to recover them.

CrispyCola

zero-two
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you go. thank the all mighty PKHeX developers for helping you out on this one and for the other files good luck in attempting to recover them.

Tbh i didn't have much other stuff on my sd card, other than my games from freeshop. Which i can reinstall. I was just worried about my saves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by CrispyCola,

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then at least you won't have to start from scratch in Pokemon and in the plus side, you have a cleaner sd set up. Learn from this mistake and make sd back ups from time time. SD cards can failed or become corrupted without notice.

Last edited by Meliodas2255,
Reactions: CrispyCola

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1