Hacking Loosing Saves?

lucifon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After firing up my DS today I hopped onto Ninjatown only to found the two hours i spent in the day yesterday were completely wasted as my save just was not being recognised. The file exists...but the game isn't picking it up. However yesterday I came off it, then returned to play again and the save was fine. What did I do to loose it today?

Not only that but I sat in bed playing Dementium with my headphones in last night, only to find the save game for that also is not being recognised at all. It definitely exists, its just when I fire up the game its as if it doesnt exist as theres the option to start a new game etc and my saves are gone.

DukeVonMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I experienced the same problem today, with Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I spent fourteen hours playing that game over the past several weeks and now it won't recognize the save.

lucifon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any reason for this happening? Thats my only worry. If its already happened twice in one day then what about if i go and blast hours and hours away into an RPG then have the save just stop being recognised.

I'd like to know how it can be avoided basically. If its maybe how im turning off the system or something like that?

DukeVonMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the most recent version of AKAIO firmware and I also back up my save files. The problem is that the game, once loaded, does not give the option/does not identify the .sav or .nds.sav file.

After more experimentation, a new save game file can be created and recognized for the same game, yet if replaced by identical files containing the older data it does not work again. It may be a case of corrupted save data, but the backups don't work either, so I'm stumped.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@vato: i love how these threads are started but people supply no information. what firmware they are running, what version of that firmware, that acekard flash linker they are using, what msd they have, etc. they go on to tell us nothing of the debugging process, if they have formatted their msd, or any info on the rom. then they expect a magic resolve to whisk away their problems.

there are some very good reasons for why a save goes corrupt, none of which can be discussed because the discussion is no where near that point. seeing as i don't have the free time to ask everything i would expect one to tell me in the first post, i can only suggest to shrug it off and keep on truckin'

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
lucifon said:
I have all the latest stuff, AKAIO 1.4.1, updated loaders, updated wifi etc etc

linker - 2/2.1/2i/rpg?

msd - what type?
msd - did you use the panasonic formatter?
msd - did you format by hand, and if so what were the format arguments?

roms - can you verify they are form a clean source? are they hacked/trimmed/altered in any way?
roms - can you verify the crc against the dump?
roms - have you tried other regions? (if you are using U did you try the E)

saves - did you test your saves on another flash linker?

did you debug? (ie: trying all situations, circumstances, etc that you can think of)
did you delete optionlist.bin?
did you delete globalsettings.ini?
did you try different dma modes?
did you try patching on/off?
did you run any tools on your saves?
have you used any homebrew that is known to cause msd corruption?

stop proving my point and start answering questions. how do you expect someone to help you when you provide little to no information. you clearly haven't tried to really debug this. if you had you would have posted the things you have attempted. your short comings will only result in an inadequate discussion, a tread of no relevance to your actual problem. when this thread is old and dusty the result will be a conversation that helps no one who comes across it in the future.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up