Gaming Loose USB-C Port?

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Switch won't turn on, after leaving it in the Dock for about a week or more since last use. This is a launch-model Switch, with the RCM vulnerability, that I bought in 2018, and has spent the majority of its life in the Dock (since I can't stand it in portable mode - worse visuals and sound, and worse controllers).

I tried holding down the power button for a hard reset, but that didn't work. I tried connecting it to my laptop using my USB-C - USB-A cable (the same one I use to push payloads for homebrew), but this time my laptop won't recognise it all - usually my computer makes the 'external device connected' chime and the Switch gets recharged. That's not happening now.

Furthermore, the USB-C end attached to the Switch feels incredibly loose.

...My Switch is screwed, isn't it? Sigh...don't know if I'll be able to find another launch model these days, and even if I could, it's not like I've got the disposable income for it.

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the docks green power light turn on?

If we assume the Switch is still functioning and that it's a charging problem, you should focus on the USBC port of the switch.

Likely, this is just a charging issue. The battery is probably dead.
You may be able to wiggle the USBC port back into place where it will charge, in which case this will confirm the issue.

If the port needs to be resoldered, you'll need a micro tip and rosin Flux.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...