Hardware loose left joy con

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I connect my left Joy con to the tablet, it will click, but I can slide it out with almost no force necessary. I've tried doing this with the grip, and it does the same thing, so I've narrowed it down to the Joy con. I think this will be covered in the warranty because it is a manufacturing defect. But I'm not sure

Edit: i looked at it further, and there is what looks like a nick in the part that locks it to the switch, this was definitely not caused by me, as i don't usually have the joycon detached from the console.

does anybody else have this issue?

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, but I had dropped my switch from my hands to the table, and it forced my right joycon out. It damaged the locking tab, and, like yours, my joycon slid out easily after being clicked into place. I sent it in, they repaired it for free.
Those locking tabs on the joycon are made of really cheap plastic, so now I'm extra careful not to force the joycons out, and always use the lock release button.

Last edited by RayD97,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I had dropped my switch from my hands to the table, and it forced my right joycon out. It damaged the locking tab, and, like yours, my joycon slid out easily after being clicked into place. I sent it in, they repaired it for free.
Those locking tabs on the joycon are made of really cheap plastic, so now I'm extra careful not to force the joycons out, and always use the lock release button.
So it was covered in their warranty?

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah within the standard warranty, all I said on the phone was that the joycon slides or with relatively small force without pressing the release button.

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue shortly after letting a kid play shovel Knight with me. He didn't know there was a button and just kinda ripped it out... Joycon is considered broken after that even though it still works. It just slides right off, not a big deal... But it can be annoying if someone is holding the joycon alone and the switch just kinda falls... :wink:

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue shortly after letting a kid play shovel Knight with me. He didn't know there was a button and just kinda ripped it out... Joycon is considered broken after that even though it still works. It just slides right off, not a big deal... But it can be annoying if someone is holding the joycon alone and the switch just kinda falls... :wink:
did you get it fixed?

Reactions: phreaksho

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I connect my left Joy con to the tablet, it will click, but I can slide it out with almost no force necessary. I've tried doing this with the grip, and it does the same thing, so I've narrowed it down to the Joy con. I think this will be covered in the warranty because it is a manufacturing defect. But I'm not sure

Edit: i looked at it further, and there is what looks like a nick in the part that locks it to the switch, this was definitely not caused by me, as i don't usually have the joycon detached from the console.

does anybody else have this issue?
EXACT SAME PROBLEM I HAVE! God damnit...

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same thing with the left joy-con. I contacted Nintendo, they emailed me an adres where I could send te joy-con. Within a week I got a brand new joy-con back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1