1. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yea bootmii is written pretty much entirely on the SD card, so if that bootmii folder isn't there it won't load. You could also use a GC controller to control the menu for it, but it's not really a big deal either way since you should rarely need to use it much at all. Just back the folder up somewhere on your PC or even just rename the folder if you want the Wii to skip loading the bootmii menu so you don't have to press something to get past it, then just put it back if you need it.

2. elimist

elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I keep all my nand backups is one big rar file. Sometimes I also backup my whole sd sometimes because a few hombrew apps can mess it up.

3. mattesno1

mattesno1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    packing your backups as rar (or what ever compression) is a good way of ensuring you don't install a damaged nandbackup since damaged rar's can't be unpacked.
    however i would not keep all backups in one file, 'cause if something happens, all are lost at once [​IMG]

(might be a bit paranoid, though [​IMG])

4. elimist

elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah but I am pretty sure that each file has its own crc hash and I dont have enough space for 500mb x 20 backups +5gb of sd bockups = 15GB. Need all the space I can get for rainbow tables.

5. mattesno1

mattesno1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Since I once packed all my pictures from all my vacations in one rar file only to find it destroyed by some wierd HDD failure on the very next day, I'm a bit overcautious with backing up stuff in one single file.
    Anyway, we agree on one thing: pack it as rar, so if it gets damaged you will at least notice it before it's too late. Plus you will save like 30-40% Diskspace

6. elimist

elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dont think bootmii will let you restore a corrupted backup but the more redundancy, the better. and once I also had my 500gb hdd fail but after retuning it to segate, I got a 700 GB drive because they stopped making the 500gb ones [​IMG] and I didn't have any important files on it anyway.

7. bwillb

OP bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Alright, done some more customizing, got channels going directly to netflix and a couple game backups.... one last thing i haven't figured out yet, and i bet its so simple I'll facepalm: how do you reorganize the channel order on the system menu pages?

edit: nevermind, figured it out. facepalming commenced.
    a+b drag >.>

Draft saved Draft deleted