PS1/2 Looking to get a pre-modded PS2

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I'm looking to get a pre-modded PS2. Where is a good place to buy from? Also should I get a phat or slim. I'm mostly looking to play imports and translation patched imports that are burned back to dvds. One last thing, what's a good chip to get.

Thanks

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reccomend you get a Phat one. not all slim playstation2's are compatible with hard/soft modding (i think, atleast.) And as for the the chip, i suggest you get a Memor32 plug-in chip together with the FMCB noob package.

That still works pretty much like a charm for me.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get the swap disk and use the uLauncherElf and install FreeMCboot on your Memorycard and patch your games with ESR Patcher... and load it up with ESR Launcher all. works like a charm

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have Free McBoot downloaded hehe. Does it require the case mods, like the flip top thing and swap disk I was looking at? Or will it work just by setting it up and using ULauncher?

Thanks again

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Free Mcboot already i still recommend using ULauncher with the Memor32 card. As it has a pretty much set deal for not that much extra. 32MB for saves, easy installation.

Also, if you're installing it and the screen freezes for hours over one thing, you just have to reset your PS2 to complete the installation

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluestainedroses said:
If you have Free Mcboot already i still recommend using ULauncher with the Memor32 card. As it has a pretty much set deal for not that much extra. 32MB for saves, easy installation.

Also, if you're installing it and the screen freezes for hours over one thing, you just have to reset your PS2 to complete the installation

I just downloaded it, I haven't tried to set it up yet. Is the Memor32 required for it to work? The install guides I read, make it seem that it will work installing it to a regular PS2 card. Thanks again.

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockym said:
Bluestainedroses said:

I just downloaded it, I haven't tried to set it up yet. Is the Memor32 required for it to work? The install guides I read, make it seem that it will work installing it to a regular PS2 card. Thanks again.

It should work with any card, i reccomended it mostly for the extra memory. using M memento's software to install FMCB is also alot easier to do.

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I ended up getting a Memor32 and it works pretty awesomely. First thing I did was format it in my PS2 and then set up the version 1.2e on it. I then applied the memento patch to my translated DQ5 iso and burned it to a DVD and it booted right up with the Memor32. No FMCB or anything. I bought DQ5 a while back because I'm a DQ nut and a bit of a collector. Up until now I was only able to use it with a PS2 emulator on my PC. Thanks again for the answers everyone.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A memory32 is just a very expensive memory card with a software that's very similar to Free McBoot + ESR. Only that ESR has the higher game compatiblity, and Free McBoot and ESR are both free.

A memor32 allows you to play backups on the same ps2s where Free McBoot can be booted, and ESR booted from there. (ESR itself works on more ps2s i think)

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
A memory32 is just a very expensive memory card with a software that's very similar to Free McBoot + ESR. Only that ESR has the higher game compatiblity, and Free McBoot and ESR are both free.

A memor32 allows you to play backups on the same ps2s where Free McBoot can be booted, and ESR booted from there. (ESR itself works on more ps2s i think)

Yeah I tried to install Free McBoot, but my Codebreaker disk booted incredibly slow with a USB thumb drive in my slim. I also tried with my Action Replay disk and was able to see the installer in the Media Player but got a black screen when I tried to launch it. I eventually just gave up and ordered the Memor32.

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you won't regret it!

Also, have you been using the noobie package with ESR? That could be the real problem though, i had trouble installing the regular FMCB too.

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluestainedroses said:
well you won't regret it!

Also, have you been using the noobie package with ESR? That could be the real problem though, i had trouble installing the regular FMCB too.

Yeah, I was using the noobie package. Doesn't matter though, as long as I can play my DQV in english is all that matters for now. I read that FMCB can be installed using the Memor32 as well so I can set it up later if I need to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...