Hacking Looking to buy about 10 flash cards for Lite, DSi and 3DS.

kumpandjill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, so I know I won't get these in time for Christmas, but I want to get a bunch of flash cards to give out to children of family friends. Some of the kids have the DS Lite, some have the DSi and a couple have the 3DS.

So anyway, I'm looking to get something like 10 of each. That being said, I don't want to break the bank. I know I could just grab a bunch of $35 flash carts, but I'd like to keep the price around $10 each or less (obviously I understand that newer carts will cost more than the ones that are just meant for the Lite, though).

So what do you guys recommend? I don't need them shipped right away, so I was thinking about ordering from a site like priceangels.com. I've ordered from them before and given the cartridges as gifts and it worked fine. I know a lot of people will just come in and say "don't bother, just get an AceKard" or something like that. But I'm fine with not having the greatest cart around... as long as it plays games.

So anyway, what are your guys' recommendations for each? Thanks for any help.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DS Lite - Cheapo R4
DSi/3DS - Acekard 2i

Cheap but reliable (Use WoodR4 for R4 I think)

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want, I can pm you a link where a genuine acekard2i is $10.88 if you buy 20.

kumpandjill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the AceKard 2i is pretty much guaranteed to work with all current firmware versions of the DSi, XL and 3DS, correct?

And it's expected to work with all future versions?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Well as long as the makers continue supporting it.

levy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like acekard 2i.
firmware very well supported, inexpensive and simple to use.great game compatibility.also works on 3ds.
there are cheaper cards out there and cheaper places to buy the acekard.but there is also alot of fake cards and conning fookers trying to steal your money...Try to buy your acekard 2i from the official ak reseller such as http://www.gamekool.com/acekard-2iak-2i-support-3dsdsidslds-p-217.html pretty sure they will offer you a good price if you email them and tell them that you need 10

Robertsavoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO,r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn is right for you.I have checked this card for you and now,it with a good reputation and most important,this card kernel update so quick and it was always the first flashcart to bypass the block of firmware updating. The price is favorable but the function very well. It can support both 3DS and DSi latest firmware without any updating needed. you can buy this item from its official distributor,such as digitopz : http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcard-for-nintendo-3ds-p-216.html . In fact,you can contact their customer service first,maybe they will give you a more attractive price for such quantity.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do get the Acekard 2i, make sure you get the HW81, NOT the HW44 hardware version, or you're screwed.

HW44 has no more updates, and HW81 is the newer, updated version.

Also, if you do get an R4, make sure it's the original R4 (or a 1:1 copy) because if it isn't, it might not run WoodR4, and thus, might not run newer games.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i is pretty cheap, and you don't have to worry that much about getting a clone/fake. Works on every version of DS ever made.

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of picking up a few of the r4i gold cards for the 3DS from digitops , I am getting them for a friend , and I was just wondering if there's anything I need to check before I order.

Is there anything , such as FW version I need to find out from him or any other pertinent info I need to know , or does the r4i gold work for all 3DS?

BTW, where are they located (digitops), and has anyone had any problems with them , are they a reputable seller?
I've only ever bought them from dealextreme , and never had any problems.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of picking up a few of the r4i gold cards for the 3DS from digitops , I am getting them for a friend , and I was just wondering if there's anything I need to check before I order.

Is there anything , such as FW version I need to find out from him or any other pertinent info I need to know , or does the r4i gold work for all 3DS?

BTW, where are they located (digitops), and has anyone had any problems with them , are they a reputable seller?
You could try priceangels, dealextreme's sister site. They have them for $11, the r4ids ones.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your friend hopefully is not above 2.1.0.4 firmware because the card will need to be updated with the 2.2.0-4 update of the R4ids.cn website (which will make it compatible with every firmware available at the moment). If his firmware is on 2.1.0.4 or higher then the best thing would be to find out if he has a DSi or DS Lite to flash the 2.2.0.4 update. Hell, you might even have a DS to help him out? You could always e-mail the seller you're buying from and ask if they would update the flash cards for 3.0.0.6 firmware. I believe DigiTopz is located in China IIRC, and yes they're reputable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mmmmm uremum
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Always shooting that dairy out uremums tiddies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My thread front ten years ago got 10,000 views lol
  • DolphinCube @ DolphinCube:
    Sup peps? I rarely talk on here but is there a way to disable the ads that cover the chat a lil. Its annoying at times
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can avoid the ads by becoming a paid Patron.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, or use an adblocker
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i'd recommend ublock origin
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i'd recommend ublock origin