Hacking Looking to buy about 10 flash cards for Lite, DSi and 3DS.

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that message above directed at me?

yes.

I finally received the carts , can you tell me how to check the FW on the console?
Its been a while since I've done this. All I need to do is go to the r4 site and download the software for the cartridge, right?

ok, I just checked the system settings and it says its a Ver. 2.2.0-4U , the cartridge I got is a r4 gold pro (says upgrade on it just below the logo)

is this the right kernel for this console ? http://www.r4i-gold.com/en/download/skin/2012/0115/281.html

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes.

I finally received the carts , can you tell me how to check the FW on the console?
Its been a while since I've done this. All I need to do is go to the r4 site and download the software for the cartridge, right?

ok, I just checked the system settings and it says its a Ver. 2.2.0-4U , the cartridge I got is a r4 gold pro (says upgrade on it just below the logo)

is this the right kernel for this console ? http://www.r4i-gold.com/en/download/skin/2012/0115/281.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that you have got a wrong card.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes.

is this the right kernel for this console ? http://www.r4i-gold....2/0115/281.html

Guess this guy got a wrong card, the sole official site(Wood supported R4i Gold 3DS card) is: www.r4ids.cn

Zekrom_cool

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
Acekard 2i or TTDS. These carts my favs. Also a DSTwo is good.

supercard-dstwo-gbatemp-limited-collector-edition.jpg

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes.

is this the right kernel for this console ? http://www.r4i-gold....2/0115/281.html

you're saying this won't work with the 3ds? it says right on the card that its for the 3ds, though.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

yes.

you're saying this won't work with the 3ds? it says right on the card that its for the 3ds, though.

It MIGHT work on the 3DS (download the latest kernel and try it), but it won't support Wood R4 so you will not get great compatibility or decent updates (if any updates at all).

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I should have done a bit more research before purchasing. Wood R4 seems like the one everyone is talking about. As long as they work I'll be happy , good thing they weren't that pricey.

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I should have done a bit more research before purchasing. Wood R4 seems like the one everyone is talking about. As long as they work I'll be happy , good thing they weren't that pricey.

Exactly, you should have bought r4i gold from r4ids.cn. they sent you so many advices, but you finally bought a incorrect card, can not believe it. Anyway, it is working, at least now!

well, post #17 Todderbert recommended buying from priceangels, which I did. I'm not sure what happened ,

I wanted this http://www.priceangels.com/R4i-SDHC-3DS-MicroSD-TF-Multimedia-Flash-Cart-for-N3DS-NDSi-XL-NDSI-NDSL-NDS-Mini-Package--s88850.html

but they sent me something (Item # 694264) which I can't even find on the site now.

I'll have to email them and find out what went wrong.

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also can not find the item you metioned, sounds like they fooled you, by the way, what is the official site printed in your package. Yeah, contact them and tell them to replace it for you.

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drizzt007: you should get the r4i gold released by www.r4ids.cn.
Since you have got your cards, you should try your best to make them work for you.
It's time for you to enjoy yourself with ds.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drizzt those cards will support the newest Nintendo kernels and are updated quite well. Now for the bad news, they are not really running the Wood kernel, just the front-end....which is nothing more than the look.

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I just tested the card last night and they do work. I don't have any 3D games yet to try , however.

can anyone tell me if it will work with the 3D games since the card does still work in the 3DS console?

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I just tested the card last night and they do work. I don't have any 3D games yet to try , however.

can anyone tell me if it will work with the 3D games since the card does still work in the 3DS console?
No flashcart in existence works with 3DS games.

ok, well I guess I'm good then. This cartridge works with all the games I've tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly