Looking into getting a CM4 Catalyst Slim Cover

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by shyguy528, Apr 19, 2011.

Apr 19, 2011
  1. shyguy528
    OP

Newcomer shyguy528 Newbie

United States
    This Case Here

It seems like the kind of case that would suit my needs, but I would appreciate it if I could hear (read?) about your personal experiences with CM4's products before I go out and spend $25 on a 3DS case.

2. Shadowhunta

Member Shadowhunta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I was going to get one of these, but then i found almost identical cases on ebay and dealextreme for a fraction of the cost, so i went there instead!

3. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I was checking this company's products for the DSi(XL) before the 3DS launched, only hoping they would make a case for the 3DS. The customers reviews are all 5 out of 5, and the quality seems to be very high. Most people will be happy with the standard clear/aluminum cases, but I don't mind spending the extra money for a high quality accessory. I'm definitely getting one of these cases.

One thing I can say is that I bought the aluminum case with the rubber flap over the hinge, and I had to modify it to fit my needs. I pulled the rubber flap and metal rods out, sawed off the two plastic nubs that held the rod on the bottom shell, and filed them down so my fingers wouldn't hit them while playing. This CM4 case stops before the hinge, doesn't interrupt the L/R button area (for those who rest their fingers across the top of the 3DS while playing), and looks thin enough to not make accessing the stylus and SD card a pain.

4. EphenSteve

Newcomer EphenSteve Advanced Member

United States
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING ME THAT CASE! I think you just solved my problem. Since some nyko users are unable to use the 3ds protection cases this is the way (from the way that the top is covered it looks like its 2 seperate pieces so the bottom is not needed) although 25$ is a big price for getting the top (bottom included but not usable with the nyko battery!) it is still a way to cover it.

5. funem

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    I had a metal case on my 3DS but I took it off. I noticed that the person I worked with who sits over the other side of the office would get a streetpass hit of me every day utill I put the case on. I began to suspect that the metal may be affecting the effect of the streetpass signal. When I took it off I got hits again. I now use the clear plastic ones.

Please let me know if you have any effect from having a metal case on.

I have a metal case on my DSI and DSLite, but as they dont use streetpass there was no real downside to it.

6. Shadowhunta

United Kingdom
    I have to say i've had no issues that i have noticed with a metal case and streetpass, it seems to work okay..

7. Shadowhunta

United Kingdom
    Hit up ebay or dealextreme for similar cases but MUCH cheaper, two seperate half style ones!

8. shyguy528
    OP

Newcomer shyguy528 Newbie

United States
    Unless, of course, you want your aluminum case to look classy. [​IMG]

9. AlpineMan

Newcomer AlpineMan Member

United States
  10. lonfar

Member lonfar GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I presume they all same make right? i'm waiting for the CM4 but tempted to get the eBay one, the only concern is that will it scratch the 3DS and also i've seen one of the picture that the camera hole or the headphone hole doesn't fit right