Homebrew Looking homebrew to force circle pad pro recogition

ComicMaster148

Angry Blackman, and amaetur game collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play dragon quest 8 on my jp old 3ds with the circle pad pro. But for some reason it doesnt work, even though it works on my new 3ds xl. Is there a home brew that can fix this?

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play dragon quest 8 on my jp old 3ds with the circle pad pro. But for some reason it doesnt work, even though it works on my new 3ds xl. Is there a home brew that can fix this?
Not that I know of or have been able to find. Does the Circle Pad Pro work on any other games you have?

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, after doing a bit more research with Dragons Quest 8, it seems that you're not the only one that has this issue. It doesn't seem to support the Circle Pad Pro on the English version, but does support it on the Japanese version. This would most likely explain the New 3DS' C-Stick working.

(If anything I said here isn't factual, please correct me).

ComicMaster148

Angry Blackman, and amaetur game collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, after doing a bit more research with Dragons Quest 8, it seems that you're not the only one that has this issue. It doesn't seem to support the Circle Pad Pro on the English version, but does support it on the Japanese version. This would most likely explain the New 3DS' C-Stick working.

(If anything I said here isn't factual, please correct me).
thanks for the info I wonder if I can use localechanger to trick the game into lettting me use my circle pad

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the info I wonder if I can use localechanger to trick the game into lettting me use my circle pad
That most likely wouldn't work, the English version seems to have the feature mostly stripped out. You'd have to get a Japanese copy of the game for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1