Hacking Looking for the best 3DS solution. Help appreciated.

Metalman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you already have a NDS flashcart then I would suggest you just go CFW. Its a bit more complicated to set up than PSP or PS3 were, but not overly so. As for whether to get a JAP console instead of EUR, it depends. There are a lot of tools now for playing region free stuff, so your biggest issue will be with language. I have no idea if you can set the system to use English for JAP consoles, or any other language for that matter. I do know there are a few guides on converting a JAP console to USA, so I assume converting one to EUR is possible as well. Cost wise I have no idea, but don't forget to consider shipping costs when you look at prices.

So I did a hell of a research and <9.2 N3DSs are nowhere to be found and the only few ones on ebay are already at the cost of a PS4 + I ll have to pay huge custom fees to import them from the US.
It seems like me only real option right now is a Japanese import. Do you have any links or places I can read up on converting a Japan 3DS to an EU/US one? I cant seem to find anything relevant on gbatemp.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did a hell of a research and <9.2 N3DSs are nowhere to be found and the only few ones on ebay are already at the cost of a PS4 + I ll have to pay huge custom fees to import them from the US.
It seems like me only real option right now is a Japanese import. Do you have any links or places I can read up on converting a Japan 3DS to an EU/US one? I cant seem to find anything relevant on gbatemp.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-region-change-tutorial-easy-way.386207/ seems like a good place to start.

I really do suggest you look for one in your region though as from what I am reading there is some degree of risk involved, plus some issues with the eshop or something.

Metalman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-region-change-tutorial-easy-way.386207/ seems like a good place to start.

I really do suggest you look for one in your region though as from what I am reading there is some degree of risk involved, plus some issues with the eshop or something.

Thanks a lot for the link, I ll be studying it in a sec.

I ve been researching all day asking 11 different online shops one by one to at least tell me the serial number so I can compare the firmware version using the list here by my self but not one of them were kind enough to do it.
Believe it or not there is only one shop I can walk in and find an N3DS to check for myself in a city of 200.000 people and that didnt cut it.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the link, I ll be studying it in a sec.

I ve been researching all day asking 11 different online shops one by one to at least tell me the serial number so I can compare the firmware version using the list here by my self but not one of them were kind enough to do it.
Believe it or not there is only one shop I can walk in and find an N3DS to check for myself in a city of 200.000 people and that didnt cut it.

In all fairness, you might want to consider buying an O3DS instead. From what I understand, any new in box O3DS or O3DS XL will be below 9.2

Metalman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In all fairness, you might want to consider buying an O3DS instead. From what I understand, any new in box O3DS or O3DS XL will be below 9.2

With region swap you lose eshop and system transfer. Also you need a clean donor to avoid bans. Also note that 8.1j can't be region changed at the moment

Hah, this just keeps getting worse and worse by the minute. Japanese version is a no go I guess then.

I was really into the New 3DS cause I love IPS screens and the new exclusive xenonblade is gonna be awesome but I guess there is not much of a choice after all huh.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hah, this just keeps getting worse and worse by the minute. Japanese version is a no go I guess then.

I was really into the New 3DS cause I love IPS screens and the new exclusive xenonblade is gonna be awesome but I guess there is not much of a choice after all huh.

We're close to getting an update from 8.1 to 9.0-9.2 as well as mset on 8.1. Once either of these is released it will be possible to region change from 8.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up