Hacking Looking for some pointers/tips (new owner)

FPSrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey y'all. I just picked up a phat PSvita recently and I was looking to get some tips on what to do to get the most out of it.

It is currently on Official firmware 3.0 so that's pretty old judging by the stickied topic. What I'm mainly interested in is having access to as large a library of game(roms) as possible (be it Vita or psp/ps1), a bonus would be online play if possible (I hear there is 3.61+ emulation available or something).

What would you suggest? should I just manually upgrade to 3.60 and get the latest HENKaku or is there something else that would suit me better?

Cheers!

Last edited by FPSrad,
D

Deleted User

3.00, I'm guessing you meant? In that case yeah, you're pretty outdated in terms of hacking.

The things you listed that you wanted to do, minus online play, can all be achieved on 3.60. (PSN spoofing was fixed by Sony last month, so there is no more online play on 3.60 anymore.)

To get updated to 3.60, simply follow the guide to set up Yifan Lu's DNS Server so you can download and install the 3.60 update file straight to your Vita without any trouble.

When updated, set up HENkaku by going to http://go.henkaku.xyz on your Vita. After you are on HENkaku, open molecularShell, enable unsafe homebrew in the options menu (press start in the app to access it), reload the taihen config, restart the app, then you should now be ready to install any Vita VPKs through molecularShell/VitaShell, be it homebrew or game backups. Any VPK-format content will be installed to the LiveArea.

If you want PSP backup/homebrew loading, follow this guide to set up Adrenaline eCFW. Be aware you may need a PS3 to download a PSP game to your Vita to set up Adrenaline with, if the PKG installer method does not work for you.

And finally, if you want PS1 backup loading, install RetroArch's PCSX-ReARMed emulator VPK, and place any PS1 ISO/BIN/CUE files into any directory in ux0: (memory card) or ur0: on the Vita. After that, simply browse for the backup you want to play from the "Load Content" menu.
EDIT: Seems I forgot to mention, you will want to grab a PS1 BIOS from the net before doing any sort of PS1 backup loading, and place it at ux0:data/retroarch/system/, as almost all PS1 games will run at perfect speeds, with no issues, when you use one alongside the emulator.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What size of memory card did you get? I know its a lot of money and a pain in the ass but at least get a double digit sized card. 16GB or higher, unless you are going to be ok having only 3 games installed at a time.

FPSrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the replies.
@Voxel I took your advice and went to 3.6, fortunately I had a few full PSP games installed, following the adrenaline/HENKaku setup steps at the mo. Does the game I chose to install adrenaline over matter at all? and does an offline version of HENKaku exist for this build?

@BORTZ It has a 8GB card so I suppose I should definitely invest in a larger one. Good point.

Last edited by FPSrad,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The game shouldn't necessarily matter, no. Sometimes some games will cause crashes, but for the most part any will work.

And you can install this: https://github.com/henkaku/offline-installer/releases for the Offline installer. It pulls the latest version of Henkaku from the web and installs the exploit to the email app. After that, simply open the email and it'll start the installer (sometimes it takes a few goes, but it generally works first time). If you ever need to update the offline installer, simply run the app again while connected to the internet.

FPSrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Tom Bombadildo funnily enough it did matter for me, installed it over football manager and adrenaline wouldn't start (file is corrupted error), tried another game and it worked fine.

FPSrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've been trying to get HENKaku offline installed and it seems whatever I do it gives me error 0x8010111c which is a shame, saw a recent reddit post where they are also having the same issue. I tried removing the mem card multiple times, restarting and clearing cache/history. No dice :/

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to get HENKaku offline installed and it seems whatever I do it gives me error 0x8010111c which is a shame, saw a recent reddit post where they are also having the same issue. I tried removing the mem card multiple times, restarting and clearing cache/history. No dice :/
Have you tried deleting the mail.db from ux0:email/message/ and opening the mail app once to generate a new blank one?

FPSrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried deleting the mail.db from ux0:email/message/ and opening the mail app once to generate a new blank one?
Yeah tried it just now, the email app no longer errors, but the terminal installation goes through 4 iterations of error 0x8010111c then gives up.

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only other things I can think of is either
1)Trying to install it offline even though you're already henkaku'd up will always fail - connection required
2)Something happened with the file when you ftp'ed it over. When I did the installer went from 44kb to 65kb, but my wifi is kinda crap and unreliable, so probably not it
3)Use switchkaku instead - it no longer has the issues people got warned about during version 1.04 http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=47473

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg