Looking for some advice

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by statnut, Sep 6, 2013.

1. statnut
    OP

statnut Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Hello,

I have a 3DSXL. I have a M3DS Real that I used to use on my DS to play NES/SNES games a while ago. As I understand, that does not work on the 3DS. My question is which is the best flashcart to get that will work on the 3DSXL if my focus is mostly on 8-bit and 16-bit gaming?

Apologies if this thread isn't in the best place.

Thanks in advance.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    At this point it's DSTwo or bust for 3DS owners - the extra CPU will give you additional push in emulation and the flashcart is almost update-proof as long as you don't go nuts and update the 3DS first.

That being said, emulating anything in DS-Mode isn't such a great idea so you may want to re-think your purchase and either wait for 3DS Homebrew to pop up (at which point you'll buy the Gateway or whatever Gateway clone that pops up) or get a different, more emulation-friendly device like the PSP.

Rydian likes this.
  3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Agreed with the above, for 16-bit emulation the DSTwo is by far the best, but even then it has noticeable issues.

The DS is just weak. :( Even on a 3DS you're limited to the specs of the old 2004-model DS.