Looking for some Advice (Homebrew/Beetle PSX)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Deko, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Deko
    OP

Deko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    United States
    So before I get going with my banter I'd like to say I am in love with this community and what you guys have produced in the former 10 years. I was out of the whole computer scene due to being in the military and college, but I am so grateful to what has become of my childhood :D.

First of all I'd like to say I apologize for any ignorance I have about these things so please be understanding.

I was able to install Homebrew Launcher and set up a Haxchi start up. I have been playing around with Emulators and I have 2 questions!

1. Every time I drag an App or Emulator into the Apps folder, it doesn't show up in Homebrew Launcher Channel. I even tried reformatting the SD card and moving the files back unto it, and this didn't make a difference. I have done everything accordingly, placed the appropriate folder under SD://Wiiu/Apps/ | Is there another step that I need to do? What do I need to do to make apps like WiiSXR show up on the channel?

2. I downloaded the Beetle PSX 0.9.44.1 from the Homebrew App Store, and I wanted to load up some psx games. I loaded up the BIOS files scph5550, scph5551, etc. into the system folder. Now every time I run a game, the video is slow and crackles.
    It is loading but it doesn't want to go its expected speed. I am thinking I may have to make some changes to the config file in retroarch, but no idea what?

Thanks in advance guys! Most appreciated.

vbarros22 likes this.
  2. Deko
    OP

Deko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    United States
    Oh damn, can I get this moved to Wii U forum please!

3. vbarros22

vbarros22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    About WiiSXR, this is a Wii homebrew so it only appear in Homebrew Channel. The correct folder for Wii Apps is SD:/apps/.

We still waiting for Beetle PSX working on Wii U. It has potential but.. We definitely have to wait

Deko likes this.
  4. Deko
    OP

Deko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    United States
    Ah I see thats great, on both fronts. So the WiiXSR is only for Wii? Does that mean it can not be shown in Wii U Homebrew at all? Whats the difference between Homebrew Launcher and Homebrew Channel?

vbarros22 likes this.
  5. vbarros22

Jun 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Manaus, Amazonas
    Yeah, the Homebrew Launcher is only for Wii U homebrews and Homebrew Channel its only for vWii. BUT you can inject some homebrews of vWii on Wii U menu like WiiSXR and Wii64, and both injected u can overclock them, causing a better performance in some games

Deko likes this.
  6. Deko
    OP

Deko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    United States
    How do you inject them?

vbarros22 likes this.
  7. vbarros22

Jun 20, 2017