Looking for PS4 Dump Help!?

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for chiming in and your contribution. Am I right in understanding that this app either flags the dump for having encrypted trophies or does it actually pull the un-encrypted ones? I'm curious to know...
it uses the FTP dump scripts and the latest will pull the unencrypted ones unless it is unable to decrypt and with some games that's the case the only work around that I am aware of is to pull the encrypted ones but that's only for certain titles like GTA definitive and games like biomutant. this usually only applies to the keystone though.

I always try to update the tool with the latest scripts and as it stands right now on my GitHub it has the latest scripts. the latest release also allows you to dump just the keystone, just the base game, just the update, just the DLC or all of it at once.

there is an issue with the dump to USB bin and actually dumping the entire game if it is newer. the only current work around that I am aware of is by using the FTP dump scripts.

this may be an issue with the bin itself or with the way the new games are.

personally I have not been able to dump a newer game and have it working with the bin file. this includes using the internal bin tool and using netcat.

I have however had nearly a 100% success rate with dumping and building using the FTP Scripts

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i checked out codemasters program and it seems too use the same ftpdump file as hippie68 program
yep it is his scripts and the only thing that is different is I use Ubuntu 20.04 and not WSL commands. WSL will use whatever you have set as the default subsystem and this could be the strip down bash version whereas Ubuntu it is a little more fleshed out.

other than that it is a copy of his scripts minus the batch files. I made changes only to his batch files. for example I have it restart the subsystem before attempting to launch the script and I also have the batch file use dos2unix to ensure that it is in Unix format before trying to execute the script because if it has Windows symbols within the file it could error at the start or halfway through.

Reactions: WiiU_Funkionz

ChaosKid01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found by using ftp on your system only speeds up the download where if you have goldhen running downloads become slower. i also noticed that the script downloads the PFS_Image.dat file for download then decrypts it

Reactions: codemasterv

ChaosKid01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant use ubuntu on my system anyway its kind of a pain in the rear end on a trident 3 system i already looked into it

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant use ubuntu on my system anyway its kind of a pain in the rear end on a trident 3 system i already looked into it
if you can run wsl you can run Ubuntu 20 WSL. just go into the window store and download it.

if your system is not running Windows but running Linux you just use the dump script then and not the batch file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe upgrade to wsl v2 through power shell. it's supposed to make things faster. I have wsl ubuntu on my system paired through docker to use orbisdev sdk, then debian to use both orbisdev normally (not through docker) and openorbis sdk. I still need to write a tutorial on using them.

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe upgrade to wsl v2 through power shell. it's supposed to make things faster. I have wsl ubuntu on my system paired through docker to use orbisdev sdk, then debian to use both orbisdev normally (not through docker) and openorbis sdk. I still need to write a tutorial on using them.
if you install through the Windows store it does the kernel update to wsl2 automatically.

otherwise you can download the kernel update which is just an exe file and you install that way and reboot.

or you can set the version to 2 but by doing it through powershell it will just redirect you to download the kernel update EXE.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you install through the Windows store it does the kernel update to wsl2 automatically.

otherwise you can download the kernel update which is just an exe file and you install that way and reboot.

or you can set the version to 2 but by doing it through powershell it will just redirect you to download the kernel update EXE.
when I downloaded ubuntu, it did not upgrade to wsl2. I did it through powershell. you have to set the default version to 2, I think, for it to upgrade.

Reactions: codemasterv

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a good video for getting wsl2 and docker (I'll probably just post these to save time, if I ever do write the tutorials):

ChaosKid01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have wsl installed just not version 2 as compiling kernel of orbisdev it builds so far and freezes so im on version 1.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it takes a long time to compile orbisdev, at least it did for me, which is why docker may be better. it took about an hour to compile it on debian.

ChaosKid01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can compile it under wsl version 1 with no issues i did issue the report and it was there for awhile but it got removed so not sure if they fixed it but last time i checked was a few months ago and the issue was still there

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure when I compiled it, either November or December, and I encountered no errors on wsl2. I was just compiling it to compile the homebrew store, even have the linux drives mapped out for easy access. though, I'm still an amateur at linux.

1642016440313.png

ChaosKid01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im still new to linux well wsl but i know how to compile stuff and build tools but when it comes too source code i seem too be able too do it realy easily.

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure when I compiled it, either November or December, and I encountered no errors on wsl2. I was just compiling it to compile the homebrew store, even have the linux drives mapped out for easy access. though, I'm still an amateur at linux.

View attachment 293453
on windows 11 it maps the drive for your wsl automatically. Shows up under network drives. it's integration is also better because it natively supports Linux GUI applications and also Android applications.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on windows 11 it maps the drive for your wsl automatically. Shows up under network drives. it's integration is also better because it natively supports Linux GUI applications and also Android applications.
I have no intention of installing windows 11. don't want the frustration of either things not working or having to reinstall/reconfigure stuff to work with it. my next computer will likely be windows 11, but I've only had this computer since last year as it was a replacement when something was wrong with the bluetooth of my original laptop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.