Looking for PS4 Dump Help!?

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no intention of installing windows 11. don't want the frustration of either things not working or having to reinstall/reconfigure stuff to work with it. my next computer will likely be windows 11, but I've only had this computer since last year as it was a replacement when something was wrong with the bluetooth of my original laptop.
I have my laptop running Windows 11 and it has a fair bit of frustrations my desktop runs Windows 10.

for example Windows 11 using obs does wonky things and seems to have memory leak issues. the audio bar is delayed with its sound reactions.

other than that it's useful for my degree program in application development. it lets me test my Android applications through the subsystem and side loading.

it's definitely not for everyone but meets my needs for my courses. if I wasn't in school for that I would be running Windows 10.

Reactions: godreborn

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feel like an old man, I graduated from college in 2010. lol
Im 35 and getting a new degree..... My last major was in linux systems.

Just before graduation they dropped the linux program and awarded me 4 linux certs in place of the degree.

Linux security

linux networking

linux administration

Linux professional.

I went to the VA and bitched about them robbing me and they agreed to let me go back to school but it had to be a new degree program.

I got them to agree to let me get my BS in computer programming which got changed to BS in Application development with the opportunity to get my teaching credentials.

My new school only transferred half my credits because bull shit and still have like a year and a half left.

VA is big on programs that help the community, hence the teaching part about it and basically the only way i could get them agree to pay for school.

I have no issues with becoming a teacher I think it would be fun.

AtaLoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just finished getting that one done the other day. Double check the trophies in a Hex editor for both the patch and the game. I think I remember having to swap it out.

Main thing you gotta think about with that game is do the re-packaging on a drive where you have a ton of space, since the unpackaged game I think takes up like 140 gb's or something crazy. I had to move my dump over to my pc where I have a large internal drive to accomplish the task. After that I was able to repackage the FPKG successfully and it works.

@godreborn @ChaosKid01 Correct. I was using goldhen but not goldhens bin loader when I dumped Uncharted Nathan Drake collection successfully last night. Karo's that uses port 9020. Although I think when I did FF7 I was technically using goldhens binloader and it worked okay...

I have a really small NVMe and it was always running out of room. Another forum member suggested I create a batch file to execute orbis-pub-gen (well, anything really) to manually set a temporary working directory. Works like a charm. Just name your .bat the same as the executable (orbis-pub-gen.bat) you want to run

Code:
set tmp=g:\temp
set temp=%tmp%
start "" /D "%~dp0" /max /high "%~n0.exe"

Reactions: WiiU_Funkionz

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a teacher is what I wanted to be as a child. that's why my systems are essentially test systems, since I don't play pirated games at all. I just test stuff for other people, including testing games that I have to download if they can't get them to work. I wanted to be a fire fighter as an adult, but that was a long time ago when I became one.

Reactions: codemasterv

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the operative thing is I wanted to help others throughout my life, but after what happened in the ps3 scene, I want out of the scenes altogether. I may exploit my ps5+ and on, but I will no longer share information about any future console.

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a teacher is what I wanted to be as a child. that's why my systems are essentially test systems, since I don't play pirated games at all. I just test stuff for other people, including testing games that I have to download if they can't get them to work. I wanted to be a fire fighter as an adult, but that was a long time ago when I became one.
I went and got my EMT right after separating from the army. I was working to become a firefighter but it was impossible to get into a department because you had to know somebody and I was only in the area because of school so that idea ended real quick and I switched to IT work and school. I started working as a Linux and windows administrator and moved into the network operation center shortly after in the data center.

it drove me crazy because I was working underground 12-hour shifts sometimes 5 days a week and only making $30 an hour. I said fuck the money I want to do something that I'm happy with.

I thought about what I had seen and experienced on deployment and realized I was happier helping others than just helping myself.

also the people I worked with in the data center were weird and off-putting. they also hated everyone and everything. not my idea of people I really wanted to be around.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went and got my EMT right after separating from the army. I was working to become a firefighter but it was impossible to get into a department because you had to know somebody and I was only in the area because of school so that idea ended real quick and I switched to IT work and school. I started working as a Linux and windows administrator and moved into the network operation center shortly after in the data center.

it drove me crazy because I was working underground 12-hour shifts sometimes 5 days a week and only making $30 an hour. I said fuck the money I want to do something that I'm happy with.

I thought about what I had seen and experienced on deployment and realized I was happier helping others than just helping myself.

also the people I worked with in the data center were weird and off-putting. they also hated everyone and everything. not my idea of people I really wanted to be around.
well, my problem is that aside from here, every other site I've been on hasn't respected what I do. they just want free games. it's as simple as that, which is why I've thought about not helping anyone with game related questions anymore.

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, my problem is that aside from here, every other site I've been on hasn't respected what I do. they just want free games. it's as simple as that, which is why I've thought about not helping anyone with game related questions anymore.
Agree 1000%

Im done with games myself as of a couple days ago and want to focus more on creating tools to build on experience. I want a deeper understanding of programming and I find it easier when it's related to a subject I am interested in.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's actually the main reason I sold my exploitable switch last month. I sold it for $275. I never exploited it myself, and I even bought an rcm loader before Nintendo outlawed them. I still have that, but I also sold the dock for $39. after shipping, I got maybe $260 altogether. I want nothing more to do with the scenes after the ps4 one. been sitting on that console, the exploitable switch, since 2018, I believe.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I have over 180 games for the switch, all digital, so I used the 1TB micro sd card from the hackable system to get more games as I ran out of space on the original 1TB. I backed that up on my laptop. been loving it. just got to the spirit temple in oot, which is the last temple. it said I had to go back to being a kid again as there's a little shaft to crawl through, which you can't as an adult. not using any guides, so I've gotten stuck a few times, but not for long. :)

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's actually the main reason I sold my exploitable switch last month. I sold it for $275. I never exploited it myself, and I even bought an rcm loader before Nintendo outlawed them. I still have that, but I also sold the dock for $39. after shipping, I got maybe $260 altogether. I want nothing more to do with the scenes after the ps4 one. been sitting on that console, the exploitable switch, since 2018, I believe.
Breath of the wild is the only reason I have a switch. It just sits in its case but i did mod it with an internal arduino nano back a few years ago.

PS4 will be my last scene as well but may be somewhat active on the og xbox scene if i can get my devkit working. If not it will definitely end with ps4.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might as well go legit with the ps5 and series x. with the series x, every game I've wanted has been a part of game pass like Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Infinite, and with the ps5, you get 20 free games or so as part of psn+ including God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, etc. one thing I've found interesting is the achievements/trophies. I wish Nintendo had something like that. I'm so behind at 0 achievements and 5 Trophies so far, but if you have an exploited system, those trophies at least will never be recorded, because it's very unlikely an exploit will ever be released for current firmware, so that you can sync them.

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might as well go legit with the ps5 and series x. with the series x, every game I've wanted has been a part of game pass like Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Infinite, and with the ps5, you get 20 free games or so as part of psn+ including God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, etc. one thing I've found interesting is the achievements/trophies. I wish Nintendo had something like that. I'm so behind at 0 achievements and 5 Trophies so far, but if you have an exploited system, those trophies at least will never be recorded, because it's very unlikely an exploit will ever be released for current firmware, so that you can sync them.
I have and will stay that way. I got a couple platinums already. Ghosts directors cut and spiderman.

Ghosts has to be one of my favorite game of all time.

I got my ps5 by trading a blink 182 autographed dreamcast. The only reason I wanted a ps5 was the remastered MGS thats coming to it.

r/gameswap has been good to me.

Reactions: WiiU_Funkionz

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I bought lost odyssey and blue dragon digitally on the series x, since I didn't want to swap discs. cost me like $11 with gold as they have discounts, lots of them.

I must say I'm more impressed by the series x than the ps5: bc for four systems, though not full bc, themes, dev mode, dev lab to create custom controllers for the same price as a regular ps5 controller, etc. plus, it boots up instantly unlike the ps5 which has a delay of a few seconds.

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I bought lost odyssey and blue dragon digitally on the series x, since I didn't want to swap discs. cost me like $11 with gold as they have discounts, lots of them.

I must say I'm more impressed by the series x than the ps5: bc for four systems, though not full bc, themes, dev mode, dev lab to create custom controllers for the same price as a regular ps5 controller, etc. plus, it boots up instantly unlike the ps5 which has a delay of a few seconds.
I've been wanting to get one but scalpers and other reasons. I'm happy with my PS5 for now but may trade it for a series x later on. I have a ton of OG games that I would like to play on the series x.

does Jurassic Park operation Genesis work on Series x? I'd like to let my son play that one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't tried it, but I did install genesis, and it worked without issue. may not have to buy another game if you can get almost everything popular with game pass, the only thing is that games come and go, but a lot of them seem to be on there for like a year, easily enough time to beat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning