Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Are you actually wanting to learn how to use Linux, or are you wanting something that runs with minimal setup? If the latter, I recommend any iteration of Ubuntu (the new Budgie variant looks interesting). If the former, I either recommend Arch if you want bleeding-edge, unadulterated Linux, or Slackware if you want a Linux that's true to the UNIX philosophy. Regardless of what you choose, it's all practically the same under the hood.

pathway27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Agreed, get Ubuntu and start learning there. If your fine with the command line and have spare time, get on setting up Arch. Their documentation is really great!

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KDE neon is the most Windows-like distro out there for me, there's also Mint which is pretty great. You'll definitely be learning a little from those, then keep on hopping till you find something you like. I'm on Solus right now and it's great, completely different from Ubuntu.

I used KDE neon for about a year even after trying out Arch, Manjaro, Gentoo, Fedora, etc.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if ya are starting\wanna try, ubuntu or linux mint are usually the good candidates,
i preefer ubuntu because it looks neat, however mint is great for weaker computers

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
if ya are starting\wanna try, ubuntu or linux mint are usually the good candidates,
i preefer ubuntu because it looks neat, however mint is great for weaker computers
They're both the same. Mint is essentially just Ubuntu with a different DE. Same kernel, same software maintainers, and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome