Hacking Looking for cheapest solution to play NDS roms.

bufferjg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very new to this scene. Just discovered it hours ago. I have a nintendo ds lite and I want to play roms on it and I'm unsure of the best solution. I've seen some really cheap devices like the R4ds. But I don't know if you need more than just that. Like Passcard, etc. I don't want to modify my ds lite. I just want an all-in-one solution that supports ds lite games well, the multi-media capabilities would be nice, but it's not essential. Looking to spend under 100 bux. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

screamster101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like my R4. I use it with my supercard lite to run the ds browser.
wink.gif

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IF u really want it hella cheap. get a supercard cf and a cheap cf card.

i saw supercard cf go for like 15 usd... (used ones)
tongue.gif

i donno how much cf cards are tho

bufferjg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Thanks for the response. I actually did tons of reading last night and ended up getting an m3 simply. It came bundled with a 1gb minisd card from www.modchipstore.com. I actually just got it now. Took less than 24 hrs to get here. Crazy. I figured I would go with a slot 1 device since I don't care too much about GBA game support. I was stuck between the r4 and the m3. But they are identical.. almost. Produced by the same manufacturer, etc. You can even turn your m3 into a r4 or vice-versa by switching one wire over. Anyways, thus far I've just tried an mp3 on it, worked great. Seems like a great device thus far. Thanks again for the response.

R0YB0T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that THIS one is the one thats from Japan:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820134409

Don't take my word for it tho... I didn't order it. I bookmarked this link a while ago. I bought my Kingston 1GB microSD from meritline for $17 shipped and got a Taiwan one (I heard they send out both types, so its the luck of the draw O guess). Taiwan works fine for me though.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4DS:http://www.realhotstuff.com/r4ds-p-184.html
microsd:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820178129

Thats all you need to get started.Â
smile.gif

Is that PNY MicroSD card on Newegg the best one to get?
They have 2 Kingston 1 GB MicroSD for a few dollars cheaper, and I have read that you can randomly get the SDC-301G Made in Japan versions when ordering those.

That PNY is the repackaged toshiba SD-CO1G, same as the kingston made in Japan. If you want to take a gamble, then order the kingston, may be you'll get lucky and get the Japanese one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj