Looking for cheapest solution to play NDS roms.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bufferjg, Jan 30, 2007.

1. bufferjg
    OP

bufferjg Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2007
    United States
    I'm very new to this scene. Just discovered it hours ago. I have a nintendo ds lite and I want to play roms on it and I'm unsure of the best solution. I've seen some really cheap devices like the R4ds. But I don't know if you need more than just that. Like Passcard, etc. I don't want to modify my ds lite. I just want an all-in-one solution that supports ds lite games well, the multi-media capabilities would be nice, but it's not essential. Looking to spend under 100 bux. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. screamster101

screamster101 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2006
    I like my R4. I use it with my supercard lite to run the ds browser. [​IMG]

3. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal
  4. Elfish

Elfish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2004
    Gambia, The
    IF u really want it hella cheap. get a supercard cf and a cheap cf card.

i saw supercard cf go for like 15 usd... (used ones) [​IMG]
    i donno how much cf cards are tho

5. bufferjg
    OP

bufferjg Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2007
    United States
    Hey guys. Thanks for the response. I actually did tons of reading last night and ended up getting an m3 simply. It came bundled with a 1gb minisd card from www.modchipstore.com. I actually just got it now. Took less than 24 hrs to get here. Crazy. I figured I would go with a slot 1 device since I don't care too much about GBA game support. I was stuck between the r4 and the m3. But they are identical.. almost. Produced by the same manufacturer, etc. You can even turn your m3 into a r4 or vice-versa by switching one wire over. Anyways, thus far I've just tried an mp3 on it, worked great. Seems like a great device thus far. Thanks again for the response.

6. R0YB0T

R0YB0T Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2006
    United States
  7. kirra

kirra GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2006
    United States
    I read somewhere that THIS one is the one thats from Japan:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820134409

Don't take my word for it tho... I didn't order it. I bookmarked this link a while ago. I bought my Kingston 1GB microSD from meritline for $17 shipped and got a Taiwan one (I heard they send out both types, so its the luck of the draw O guess). Taiwan works fine for me though.

8. kev3458

kev3458 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2006
    Canada
    Kingston 1GB from Japan is also a good choice.

9. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal
    That PNY is the repackaged toshiba SD-CO1G, same as the kingston made in Japan. If you want to take a gamble, then order the kingston, may be you'll get lucky and get the Japanese one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice